Events at the same time in Zoom

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
mdantasf

Events at the same time in Zoom

Post by mdantasf »

Hello guys.

we received the zoom account. All accounts of wards is configured. Work fine!

But, I have a question: How to I can create 5 events in the same time (hour) to different members participate?

The goal is for each unit to have classes at the same time. Example: Relief Society and Elders Quorum, Primary, Young Women, and priesthood all at the same time.

We created five simultaneous rooms/events, I choose the option where people can enter without having a host and so far so good. But in the tests we did, after visiting users connected in the first and second room, from the third onwards, it says that the host needs to be there (ie the ward account). As a result, we were unable to work with 5 rooms/events at the same time.

Does anyone know how to solve this through some configuration of the Zoom account or it is not possible and we have to think of something different like Google Meet?

The good thing about Zoom are the breakout-rooms.

Evidence:
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 23.34.07.png
(942.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Thanks.
Dantas
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Events at the same time in Zoom

Post by russellhltn »

You're limited to two meetings at a time. You'll have to use breakout rooms to run 5 classes at the same time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mdantas wrote:The good thing about Zoom are the breakout-rooms.
Google Meet also has breakout rooms, but Zoom is the preferred system because of the Church's license with them.

I would recommend reconsidering having 5 separate meetings at the same time. This requires every household to have up to 5 devices, 5 separate quiet areas of the home, and a good internet connection to be able to handle all of the simultaneous meetings, and could disproportionately affect disadvantaged members.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jesusmora

Post by jesusmora »

Mi amigo, grupos pequeños es la solucion a ellos, se encuentra en las cofiguracion general de la cuenta que esten utilizando, aqui te dejo un pequeño video que creo te ayudara... https://youtu.be/jbPpdyn16sY. Saludos!
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

sbradshaw wrote:
mdantas wrote:The good thing about Zoom are the breakout-rooms.
Google Meet also has breakout rooms, but Zoom is the preferred system because of the Church's license with them.

I would recommend reconsidering having 5 separate meetings at the same time. This requires every household to have up to 5 devices, 5 separate quiet areas of the home, and a good internet connection to be able to handle all of the simultaneous meetings, and could disproportionately affect disadvantaged members.
Yes, Google Meet has this feature, but those accounts created by the Church for the use of Google Meet do not have the breaktout rooms feature.

Thanks.
Dantas

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”