Area Organisation Advisor

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
wernervg

Area Organisation Advisor

Post by wernervg »

We have a member in our stake called as 'Area Organisation Advisor',
She called me as Stake Clerk asking me to add this as her calling.
The calling is not an option available to me to add to members.

Does anyone know who will be responsible for capturing 'Area Organisation Advisors'?

Thank you
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Area Organisation Advisor

Post by lajackson »

wernervg wrote:Does anyone know who will be responsible for capturing 'Area Organisation Advisors'?
Since it is a new area calling, I would expect that the area office would be the one to update the information.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The area office should enter that position. You can't add it. Adding a custom position with the same name would get it to show up on a list, but it needs to be added by the area so that it is in the right organization.
wernervg

Post by wernervg »

Thank you, the area captured the calling, the calling appears for the member under CDOL but not in LCR.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Not all positions in CDOL show up in LCR, some of them are employment type positions. If that one is intended to be a calling from the units we'll have to change the flag for that (and wait until LCR updates to the newer code that respects that flag).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wernervg wrote:Thank you, the area captured the calling, the calling appears for the member under CDOL but not in LCR.
Since it appears it's just to show up in the directory, you can do a custom position until things are modified to make that calling appear automatically. Note that the addition will show up only for her stake. The other stakes would have to do an out-of-unit member in order to add that calling to their list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:If that one is intended to be a calling from the units we'll have to change the flag for that (and wait until LCR updates to the newer code that respects that flag).
I am pretty sure he is talking about one of the new International Area Organization Advisors announced in March. Here are the Newsroom details. Perhaps official CDOL/LCR/Member Tools instructions have not yet arrived. Then again, my Area Seventy and the mission president do not show up on my phone either.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”