New Reimbursement Function

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
ericsroberts

New Reimbursement Function

Post by ericsroberts »

Does anyone have any more information on the Reimbursement function on the new Tools update? We used it at church today to submit receipts and it worked great! But now what? They do not show up on "Bishops Review" on the Finance page of LCR. Perhaps it just takes a day or two... Hopefully so because it seems like a very easy way to enter expenses for members.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New Reimbursement Function

Post by jdlessley »

Did you sync/update Member Tools after you created the payment request? If not then the request would not be processed until the next auto-sync.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The requests do not show up under Bishop's Review. Once a reimbursement has been submitted it should show up on the Dashboard page of LCR Finance in the Payment Request box. A clerk can click on one of the requests (you have to first click on the Payment Request text for the actual request list to show), review the request and the documentation and then Save the request. This will create an actual reimbursement expense which then shows up in the Approve Expenses tab under Expenses. The expense will only show up on the Bishop's Review list after it's been approved. As usual if the bishop is the approver then the Bishop's Review will be checked automatically, otherwise the bishop will have to check his approval.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

This seems like a nice addition, but will create problems if used in our stake. Our stake policy is that organization leaders must first approve an expense request. They are responsible for their budgets and should be aware of any expense impacting that budget. We do this through email, since the current LCR Finance application (and now the Tools function) delivers the reimbursement request directly to the ward/stake clerk, bypassing the organization leader. We want those leaders to review and approve the expense before it goes to the clerk and bishop/stake president. Is there a way for us to do that without a lot of extra effort on the leader or clerk?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

swigginton wrote:This seems like a nice addition, but will create problems if used in our stake. Our stake policy is that organization leaders must first approve an expense request. They are responsible for their budgets and should be aware of any expense impacting that budget. We do this through email, since the current LCR Finance application (and now the Tools function) delivers the reimbursement request directly to the ward/stake clerk, bypassing the organization leader. We want those leaders to review and approve the expense before it goes to the clerk and bishop/stake president. Is there a way for us to do that without a lot of extra effort on the leader or clerk?
The general membership does not have access to the payment request feature in LCR or in Member Tools. Only organization presidencies have access to the payment request feature in LCR and Member Tools. The general membership will continue to make payment requests to the responsible organization presidency, the bishopric, or the ward clerk/finance clerk as has been done in the past. In our ward organization presidencies do well instructing those given assignments that will incur expenses to submit those expenses to the presidency. Our plan when an expense is submitted without going through the organization presidency that we notify the president of the request and ask for a review and OK - usually all by email.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

... the current LCR Finance application (and now the Tools function) delivers the reimbursement request directly to the ward/stake clerk, bypassing the organization leader
As jdlessley stated, general members cannot do this. However, an org counselor could submit the reimbursement request, which in your phrasing would then bypass the org president and go directly to the clerk/bishop/stake president. Is this your concern, that a presidency member can submit a request without the president giving their official approval?

I think in most situations the president is aware of the reimbursements any counselor is requesting, and the "expense approval" can occur prior to the expense itself, (and at least in my view) it doesn't have to occur as part of the expense processing. But as we know not all presidencies have effective communication. So if you find this is the case, then perhaps better training is required so presidency members don't inadvertently bypass their org president. And if there's a "frequent offender", simply alerting the clerk to this issue should allow for him to contact the org president for confirmation before approving any request from that particular presidency member.
jrk66

Post by jrk66 »

jdlessley wrote:Did you sync/update Member Tools after you created the payment request? If not then the request would not be processed until the next auto-sync.
I have Updated the app but do not see my payment request in LCR. Do you know how long it takes for the request to populate in LCR?
mmacconnell

Post by mmacconnell »

My experience as a Stake Clerk is that when these are submitted through the Member Tools is they are showing on my dashboard under Payment request. Either myself or my Finance Clerk then reviews them and submits them. This then puts it into the queue for the Stake President to review for approval.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jrk66 wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Did you sync/update Member Tools after you created the payment request? If not then the request would not be processed until the next auto-sync.
I have Updated the app but do not see my payment request in LCR. Do you know how long it takes for the request to populate in LCR?
What is your calling? If you do not have finance edit permissions then you will not see anything. Only those with finance edit permissions will be able to see the payment request in the Finance section of LCR. The process will go much as mmacconnell states.

If you have finance edit permissions and do not see the payment request in LCR Finance then most likely the payment request did not go through. I would expect the request to show up in the system almost immediately after Member Tools syncs/updates.
JD Lessley
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

With the changes in the Young Men's leadership, who can now submit reimbursement requests for them? For the Young Men I now only see " Quorum adult leader" listed. There is no one listed under "Aaronic Priesthood Presidency" in member tools.

I know the adult leaders in the presidencies of the Relief Society, Elders Quorum, Young Woman, etc. can still submit requests.

For example, one of the young men's, quorum adult Leaders, emailed me (cc'd the Bishop) a receipt for gasoline requesting reimbursement because he drove out to the young men's campout.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”