Delete Individual Joined Circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
brannon.miller

Delete Individual Joined Circles

Post by brannon.miller »

When I enrolled/register with the Gospel Living app there are 5 circles that I automatically joined. How do I remove all but the "My Household" circle?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Delete Individual Joined Circles

Post by jdlessley »

Are you certain that you are automatically joined? Do you see your name in the list of members in the JOINED section for each circle you see?

To see the list of members and the section your name appears, tap the circle name. Then tap the membership icon (a number followed by two head and shoulder shadows) on the right side of the circle name bar. If your name appears in the JOINED section of the list of members then you have joined. If your name appears in the NOT JOINED section then you are eligible to join the circle.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drillberry

Post by drillberry »

I am interested in knowing how to do this too. I am still seeing circles from our last ward
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

drillberry wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:59 pm I am interested in knowing how to do this too. I am still seeing circles from our last ward
How long has it been since your membership records were moved to your new ward? Have you verified they were moved?

If you're using a web browser, there's a slim chance deleting your cookies and clearing your browser cache might solve the problem. If you're using an app, make sure to sync the app.

I don't recall exact details, but I seem to recall someone mentioning that with one of the apps or web-apps there was something the member needed to do to see the new ward's information and not the old ward's. I think it may have been the calendar app. You might be able to search and find it. There may be something similar that needs to be done with circles.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:22 pm I seem to recall someone mentioning that with one of the apps or web-apps there was something the member needed to do to see the new ward's information and not the old ward's. I think it may have been the calendar app.
Your memory is sharp as a tack. There was a time when the Calendar system would sometimes not recognize that a member had moved to a new ward. The fix was to make sure the record had actually moved, and then to go into Calendar and click on the Setup tool as if you were going to select new calendars to view. This almost always solved the problem.

I do not know if the Calendar problem still exists with the release of a new version not too long ago.

I suppose it is possible that the Gospel Living App suffers from the same problem. The ultimate key is to do something at the Church website that will cause your Header file to update with your new unit information. I believe that the Header file is generated each time you sign on with your Church Account credentials. I do not know if it gets any information from your cookies, but clearing cookies never seemed to solve the Calendar problem.

Sadly, these fancy computers still do exactly what they are programmed to do.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I was told that it still showed your former circles, but all you had was a historical view there, and the new ward circles were active.

Return to “Gospel Living App”