Disappearing Tags

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
ErinBRicks

Disappearing Tags

Post by ErinBRicks »

Hi!
The other day, I was looking for a conference talk that I had previously bookmarked/added to a notebook, and I noticed that nearly all of my tags had disappeared from my marked verses and talks; the bookmark I was looking for was gone as well. What's strange is that all of the tags and markings still exist, but my highlights are missing the tags I had previously attached. Something else that's weird is that the only items that still have tags on them are conference talks that I marked throughout a religion class from Aug-Dec 2020, along with sporadic other markings in conference talks. I first noticed this problem on the web version of Gospel Library, and immediately checked to see if the problem existed in the iOS version, which it did. I tried signing in and out, syncing, and deleting/reinstalling the app, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :D (attached images: one shows the tags that all used to have multiple items; there are plenty more, the other shows an example of a talk that kept the tags, but the verse above no longer has tags attached)
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 4.59.03 PM.jpg
(54.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 4.59.36 PM.jpg
(102.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
rjsouth

Re: Disappearing Tags

Post by rjsouth »

My wife is having the same issue on android
zizick123

Post by zizick123 »

I am having this problem too on android as well.
jordanammonhansen

Post by jordanammonhansen »

Same problem here, with android/web versions.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I am also having the exact same issue. I use android and the web and have the problem with both. I am getting worried and frustrated. This is how I organize and study my scriptures. I hope the issue gets fixed and the tags will reappear because I can't go back and add the tags again to 1000's of my annotations!!!
jordanammonhansen

Post by jordanammonhansen »

Checking again today, it looks like the issue was resolved for me at least. Hard to be sure, because I don't remember exactly how many annotations I had with each tag, but one of them for sure was restored. When I posted last, only one annotation was showing up and it is back to 200 now.
amybailey

Post by amybailey »

Did you do anything to “assist the fix”. I’m just sick about my missing 1400+ tags on Jesus Christ!
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

My tags are still missing. Not all of them disappeared but a good chunk and they are still gone. I have over 15,000 annotations that are all tagged so I also am sick about them being gone. That is how I keep everything organized. I hope they get it fixed soon and they are not gone for good!!!!
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I started seeing some inconsistency between web and mobile versions (highlights I made online showed up on mobile, but they weren't tagged, and the tag counts were different between web and mobile). I didn't appear to "lose" anything major from past annotations on the mobile side, just wasn't seeing anything new that I added. I did report it via the feedback link and got a response basically saying it was being worked on. I've been just using the web to add annotations/markings for now, and considering my mobile version as a "read only" copy until I see the issue resolved (I personally primarily use the web for my studying, and wanted to reduce the likelihood that changes on my mobile device would be seen as conflicting with the web and potentially clobber my primary source).

It does make me nervous anytime I see inconsistencies, as others have noted my notes and tags represent many, many hours of study and thought and are precious to me. If they were ever to be lost I would be devastated. If a week or two were lost I would be disappointed and frustrated, but I could deal with that, and possibly recreate some of it. But if there were a mass casualty event it would be very upsetting. On a related note, the online export function does seem to be working better than it ever has, so I do have a fairly recent copy of most of my notes (can't recall if it included the tags). It's not perfect, but it is at least something to protect against issues that are outside of our control.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mlz01 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:42 am My tags are still missing. Not all of them disappeared but a good chunk and they are still gone. I have over 15,000 annotations that are all tagged so I also am sick about them being gone. That is how I keep everything organized. I hope they get it fixed soon and they are not gone for good!!!!
I would recommend sending in-app feedback, if you haven't already.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”