Open APIs to pull Member Lists?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jdylanwright

Open APIs to pull Member Lists?

Post by jdylanwright »

I am interested in knowing if anyone has ever figured out how to get refresh the live member list data from LDS Tools into an Excel Sheet using APIs? I have not found information in LCR about APIs but I am trying to see if I can pull the member list into an Excel file (through something like PowerBI) so that I can refresh the data in Excel as the member list changes.

Any advice or similar ideas is welcomed!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Open APIs to pull Member Lists?

Post by russellhltn »

Doing that is likely to earn you a phone call from the church security department.

APIs are reserved for church apps.

You might want to give feedback in LCR about the reports you need and the "business case" for needing them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdylanwright wrote:I have not found information in LCR about APIs but I am trying to see if I can pull the member list into an Excel file
The latest update to the Church Handbook at 38.8.31 explains why you will not find API information and why it will be difficult to do what you wish to do.
simph1

Post by simph1 »

They could easily make a totally safe system with api’s but they won’t do it where the process could be a login system that checks your calling and then access your allowed.

To us that would make perfect sense to only give data to those for the data allowed via a security system built into church systems but I fear it goes far beyond our simple minds understand where there is location, state, national and country privacy laws to contend with.

But do they not already do those things through mls… which brings another question of and if the church systems have the right type of reporting and systems needed in today’s world.

Which is very difficult where what you may need and what your allowed in your situation and location would allow. I am in same situation where I believe zoom can be an effective ministering tool but no way to let the devs know the ideas and they like it that way to keep ideas away from them.

Simon

Return to “Reports and Forms”