Deleting backup files

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
milt23-p40

Deleting backup files

Post by milt23-p40 »

I have weekly backup file going back to 2004. I've tried everything I know to delete them, but nothing works. How do I get rid of them?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Welcome to the forum, Milt.

Can you be a little more specific? Are these files MLS backups? What folder are they in? How have you tried to delete hem?

Thanks,
Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

milt23 wrote:I have weekly backup file going back to 2004. I've tried everything I know to delete them, but nothing works. How do I get rid of them?
Are you talking about MLS backup files or some other kind of backup file? Where are they located -- on the hard drive or on a flash drive?

If you are talking about MLS backup files on the hard drive (by default stored in C:\mlsData-backup), I don't see why there should be any difficulty. They are just normal files, and are not set to be read-only. I wonder if someone set them to be read-only on your machine. If so, you should be able to right click on one (or select them all first), choose Properties, and then make sure the Read-only check box is not checked.

It would help if you could supply some more details as to how you are trying to delete these files, and what happens when you attempt to delete them. Are there any error messages?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”