LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
andrew.olson

LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Post by andrew.olson »

I’m a stake clerk and send out a weekly email to all stake members for an Adult Religion class.

Last week and this week I heard from many members who did not receive the email. The common denominator was that they all have yahoo.com accounts.

Today I sent out the stake-wide email again. But this time, the message confirmation email from LCR returned the following error:

“The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses.” Then it listed out more than 100 email addresses — ALL of which were yahoo.com email addresses.

Perhaps the Church’s email domain or servers have been blacklisted by Yahoo!’s email servers.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Sincerely, Andrew
davesudweeks

Re: LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Post by davesudweeks »

andrew.olson wrote:Perhaps the Church’s email domain or servers have been blacklisted by Yahoo!’s email servers.
I think that could be a possibility, but wonder if that would affect other units not in your stake. Some leaders want to get real chatty with the Send A Message tool and if members feel like they are getting too much, they could mark the emails as spam. I would imagine if enough individuals (using a specific email service) mark the Send A Message emails as spam, that service could begin blocking the source.

I know a few individuals who don't want emails from the church - when I use the Send A Message tool, I manually uncheck them before I send the message. It is a bit of an inconvenience, but I believe it is my responsibility to respect their wishes.
stevenamorrison

Post by stevenamorrison »

My wife sent out an email to the ward today and had the same issue. 33 emails were rejected and of those, 30 were yahoo. The other 3 were aol.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When the Send A Message tool first came out, one of our bishopric members never received them on his US Cellular service. At that time the suspicion was the process the church used to spoof the sender (which is legitimate but can also be used for spamming) was blocked outright by some services. He had to get an email at another service (such as Gmail) before they would go through.

I never heard if the issue was resolved. I think US Cellular uses Yahoo for their mail service (if I recall correctly). But this theory doesn't hold water if Yahoo accounts were receiving the emails previously and then suddenly stopped receiving them. If that is the case, I would guess that something has changed at Yahoo.
gwong

Post by gwong »

I'm the stake clerk for our stake and received the same results using the "Send a Message" utility to email all adults about our stake conference... 146 rejected email address, all with yahoo or aol accounts. The error message was the same as noted earlier in this thread... "The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses." As a work around, I had to copy the list of rejected email addresses into Excel and manipulate the data into valid addresses and then resend (BCC to all) from my gmail account used for church related correspondence.
annmarieferguson

Post by annmarieferguson »

We have had the same problem. 30 messages returned, all yahoo. This has never been an issue before.
herbnbloom

Post by herbnbloom »

I'm a Relief Society president and had this problem yesterday, 8/17/21 , also. Yahoo and Aol addresses rejected. I hope someone finds a fix!
gentrypr

Post by gentrypr »

I'm having the same problem with yahoo and aol addresses. It worked fine previously.
mcallism

Post by mcallism »

I am a Relief Society President and both my counselor and I have tried to send emails to the sisters canceling an activity and the messages are not sending at all. I have a Yahoo account. On the other hand I was able through the ministering portal to send out individual emails to sisters, just not all of the sisters.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I recommend you provide feedback from the Send A Message page (button at the bottom right corner of the page). Keep in mind that this may be something in the Yahoo and AOL mail servers that the church has no control over. If it is a Yahoo and AOL issue, the only fix I know of (short of individual users complaining to Yahoo and AOL) is for individuals to change email providers to one who doesn't block the church emails.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”