LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
qcannon

Re: LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Post by qcannon »

We're having this issue in our stake as well. Following this thread.
zythra

Post by zythra »

We are also having this issue, but in addition to the AOL and Yahoo addresses we have 2 members with church addresses (@churchofjesuschrist.org) who were also rejected. We're in a sad state when the church domains are rejecting their own emails. :roll:
silus99

Post by silus99 »

I had contacted headquarters about this and they acknowledged the issue and are working on it.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

zythra wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:10 am We are also having this issue, but in addition to the AOL and Yahoo addresses we have 2 members with church addresses (@churchofjesuschrist.org) who were also rejected. We're in a sad state when the church domains are rejecting their own emails.
Are byu.edu email addresses also being rejected?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
peeryfamily

Post by peeryfamily »

I am in the Alta View Stake - Sunridge Ward and have run into this problem both on a stake and a ward level.
I realize that the church is working on it. For now we will have to string addresses onto a personal email and send them out on our own server.
Please - please - send out a system wide message when the answer has been found so we know what is going on!
Thanks - James Peery
NathanWWaite

Post by NathanWWaite »

The church server's domain and email address (noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org) has been marked by Yahoo and AOL as a source of Spam and are now currently blocked. Resolution will not be simple.
1. The church can petition AOL and Yahoo to remove their email servers from the black list. (I hope they do this).
2. Leaders can ask members to request from Yahoo and AOL to allow noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org emails through to their inboxes. (Current process probably won't stop the automatic blacklist blockage).
3. Leaders can use their personal email accounts to send out church emails in the mean time.
4. Leaders can ask members to not use Yahoo and AOL email accounts for church communications (least effective as members will do what they want and may not monitor other accounts often).
5. Other solutions, please add your suggestions as we work our way through this large inconvenience.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Is this just a coincidence that AOL and Yahoo would choose the exact same time to block church emails?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

zaneclark wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:53 am Is this just a coincidence that AOL and Yahoo would choose the exact same time to block church emails?
No, same ownership, basically same company now.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I just send 2 test emails to a few in the ward and they went through to an aol recipient. The problem appears to be fixed.
karlburk

Post by karlburk »

Some success is good news (and it appears to work for us now too!), but I would second an earlier request that a notification be posted here confirming a resolution to the issue. (An explanation of how it was resolved would be appreciated as well :) )

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”