LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
geneva_lid

Re: LCR “Send a Message” application NOT sending to yahoo.com accounts

Post by geneva_lid »

This continues to be an issue as of this morning, Dec. 8, 2021. I have not received any mass emails in my Yahoo account from the LCR tool since mid August 2021. As soon as I discovered that I had stopped receiving ward, stake, or Relief Society mass emails I switched to my Gmail account for all local church correspondence. I recently switched back to my Yahoo account to check and see if this problem had been resolved, but this morning when a ward Relief Society email was sent out, I did not receive it. Yahoo somehow blocked it before it could even go to my Spam folder. I also checked the list of blocked email addresses in my email settings and the noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org address is NOT on my blocked list. So, the trouble goes on....
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

From my observation, information and belief, not sure the Church is able to fix this issue 100% and permanently on their end.
iltravio

Post by iltravio »

Another data point. Members in our stake with rocketmail and hotmail addresses in their church account report not receiving a message sent December 5th to “all adult members”.
mrbitsch

"Send a Message" Function on LCR - Yahoo and AOL Bouncing

Post by mrbitsch »

We sent a message out to our Ward this morning regarding our local weather and Sacrament meeting. All the members of our ward with yahoo.com or aol.com addresses bounced back. I know we've been able to send to these addresses in the past, did the church email system recently get added to a blocklist somewhere?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR - Yahoo and AOL Bouncing

Post by russellhltn »

mrbitsch wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:41 pm We sent a message out to our Ward this morning regarding our local weather and Sacrament meeting. All the members of our ward with yahoo.com or aol.com addresses bounced back. I know we've been able to send to these addresses in the past, did the church email system recently get added to a blocklist somewhere?
Your post has been merged into an existing thread. As you can see, it's a known issue with no promise it will be resolved anytime soon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrbitsch

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR - Yahoo and AOL Bouncing

Post by mrbitsch »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:33 pm Your post has been merged into an existing thread. As you can see, it's a known issue with no promise it will be resolved anytime soon.
Thanks Russel, not sure how I missed that. Any chance if anybody is aware if the church email system is using dkim signing on the messages it sends out, I know more and more mail providers are starting to drop messages without a proper dkim signature. Also, has anybody from the church contacted these email providers and asked if the church domain has been added to their reject lists? It's getting a bit disheartening as a bishopric when we use the church system to email ward members, and a large number of members don't get the message because a particular provider is blocked messages, which usually gets back to us as "well we just wish the bishopric would remember <insert group here> (usually, the RS, or the single women, or the women without priesthood holders in their home)". Yes we need to do better about checking the messages coming back to see if anybody got missed, but also it's getting to the point where we're starting to discuss going back to our own mailing lists so we don't have this problem. That really seems like a step back though because then we have to keep it up to date...
thebdawg

Post by thebdawg »

I have a yahoo email. I used to get church communications (I am exec Sec) and I have note received one in weeks.
Kirstens75

Post by Kirstens75 »

In August 2021 for a few weeks, I received a notification of addresses that were not receiving email generated from LCR. They were all Yahoo, ymail or AOL addresses. I remember being notified at the time that it was a known issue and would be cleared up. It did resolve within a few weeks

Now in August 2022, I am hearing directly from members with Yahoo addresses that they aren't getting the emails, but this time there is no indication in the LCR report that they aren't being delivered; if members hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Kirstens75 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:27 pm In August 2021 for a few weeks, I received a notification of addresses that were not receiving email generated from LCR. They were all Yahoo, ymail or AOL addresses. I remember being notified at the time that it was a known issue and would be cleared up. It did resolve within a few weeks

Now in August 2022, I am hearing directly from members with Yahoo addresses that they aren't getting the emails, but this time there is no indication in the LCR report that they aren't being delivered; if members hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known.
Same here... this has been discussed before in this forum, but I can't locate it... There are 2 parts to this..the first is identifying the problem by knowing who is not receiving emails, and the second is actually fixing the problem. It has been going on for so long that I'm not hopeful it will fixed anytime soon.
gasparin

Post by gasparin »

We send out a weekly ward email, and none of those with yahoo and AOL email accounts receive the email. As reflected in this thread, the sender no longer receives message informing him/her that these addresses are not receiving the email.

This used to be an issue about a year ago, then it was resolved, and now it is back. It has been constant for about 2 months now.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”