Profile picture

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kaylaannkeller

Profile picture

Post by kaylaannkeller »

I cannot upload a profile picture to my account. It allows me to upload photos in the photo section, but it’s giving me an error on my account stating that I need a profile picture but I cannot find where to upload that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Profile picture

Post by jdlessley »

Since you posted in the Church Account forum I assume you are attempting to upload a photo into your church account. Photos are not managed from within the church account. The general membership can manage their photos from the online Ward Directory and Map and from the Member Tools app.

To manage your household image and your personal image in the online Ward Directory and Map find your household name and click on it. With your household displayed click the edit icon, blue circle with a pencil to edit your household image. To edit your personal image click on your name and then click on the edit icon and then click the photo icon. If you don't have a photo then click 'Add Photo'. If you want to replace the current photo then click 'Change Photo'.

The procedures to manage photos in the Member Tools app are somewhat similar to the online Ward Directory and Map. Go to the Directory by tapping the menu icon, three horizontal lines icon on the left of the blue bar at the top of the screen, and tap Directory from the menu. Search for your name or scroll down to your name and tap it. The screen that appears is for your household. The large photo is your household photo and the smaller photo in the lower right corner of the household photo is your individual photo. To change the photo tap the either the household photo or the individual photo. With the photo displayed tap HOUSEHOLD to edit the household photo or tap INDIVIDUAL to edit the individual photo. You can take a photo to replace the current photo by tapping the camera icon and then tapping Take Photo. Tap the camera icon and then Select Photo to replace the current photo with a photo stored on your smart device.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wahmof6

Post by wahmof6 »

Thank you, JD, for posting this information.

My husband and I are very tech savvy and even we struggled to figure out/find out how to do this. I can guarantee that my parents would NEVER be able to figure this out. We ended up finally getting here in the Tech Forum in order to find the answer (which also isn't something that my parents would think of doing or even know how to get to).

Can you please tell the developers to somehow make the photo from Member tools available and editable within the Account Settings section or at the very least a link to send you to the place to make those edits. Most programs today have the photo update section included within the Account Settings/Profile area. And along those same lines, put an icon and link for the edit on the picture in Membership Tools as well so people know they can edit their pictures.

Also, can they please include the navigation at the top of the Account Setting section. Once you get in there, most people (including tech savvy people) find it difficult to get back to the dashboard or main page. It's just not clear. KISS is a very good rule to follow when developing UI for websites that cater to such a larger demographic of users.

Please make the Church's site more user friendly for "the least of these".

Thank you!
Shanna Hoppie
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wahmof6 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:11 am Can you please tell the developers ...
We're a user to user forum. The best way to get that in front of the developers is to use the feedback link at the bottom of each webpage.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”