LCR "send a message" not sending

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cgiddley

Re: LCR "send a message" not sending

Post by cgiddley »

I was able to receive emails via LCR without any trouble until I became ward executive secretary two weeks ago and I gained access to LCR, after never having had access to it before. Since then, I haven't been able to receive any emails from anyone, including myself, and I can't send emails to anyone. My stake clerk doesn't know why. Can someone help me? I have a Yahoo email account.
csession

Post by csession »

I wish someone from the LCR dev team would watch theses forums and respond what is happening.

Through an inside source I learned that there is a problem with messages being delivered to a set of domains including yahoo and aol. But I can’t say why or when this may be resolved — that is for them to say.

My advice? Use or get a new email address. My father was getting no end of spam and complaining … I finally stepped him through how to do it. Make a list and keep track of everything methodically. Good luck!
theokester

Re: LCR "send a message" not sending to certain domains

Post by theokester »

Adding my reply here mainly to optimistically follow the thread for potential solutions.

I have confirmed that within our ward, at least the 3 following domains are NOT receiving email from the Send a Message app:
* aol.com
* yahoo.com
* comcast.net

The "send a message" confirmation email lists emails as failing to send but emails to these domains are not listed as failing so we have no idea that these people are not receiving the emails.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
MJDoney

Post by MJDoney »

I am having that exact same problem.
kristy.shitaoka

Post by kristy.shitaoka »

I’m having the same issue as well with “send a message”. Thanks for identifying the affected domains. Do you know if @hotmail.com is affected? Thanks!
11hawkinst

Post by 11hawkinst »

Confirming that we’re having issues in our unit, too, with similar domains affected (Gmail also still seems to be affected ). Any resolutions yet?
jamhall

Post by jamhall »

I may as well jump in on this thread too. A few weeks ago the Executive Secretary mentioned he had not been receiving the weekly ward bulletin I send out. Then last night the Adult Channel in Circles blew up with folks asking about the bulletin and why they had stopped receiving it. I started looking into it and found that all of the folks not receiving the message I send out have @yahoo email addresses. I have a smattering of folks with @gmail that don't get it either, but I get an alert after the message has been sent of those addresses and can deal with them. Some of these @yahoo folks have said that they have not received a bulletin email since May. I do not get an alert for the message failing to send to @yahoo, so far only @gmail. I went head and hit the "Submit Feedback button" before coming here to add my woes to this thread.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

I've been having the same issue. This issue has been happening for at least the last couple of years. Is there an estimated time frame when this problem will be completely and permanently fixed?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Hilohi wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:47 am Is there an estimated time frame when this problem will be completely and permanently fixed?
It is unlikely we will hear about any plans for programming changes. The forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. Only when the issue is resolved will those who notice the fix post anything about it. Those who manage the programs do not visit the forum and so there is extremely little chance of getting a timeline or schedule if there is one being worked.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:36 am
Hilohi wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:47 am Is there an estimated time frame when this problem will be completely and permanently fixed?
It is unlikely we will hear about any plans for programming changes. The forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. Only when the issue is resolved will those who notice the fix post anything about it. Those who manage the programs do not visit the forum and so there is extremely little chance of getting a timeline or schedule if there is one being worked.
Since this is an intermittent, ongoing and/or repetitive problem of a significant time length, we may never know if the message/email system works right or not, and we should govern ourselves accordingly.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”