LCR "send a message" not sending

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
csession

Re: LCR "send a message" not sending

Post by csession »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:36 am It is unlikely we will hear about any plans for programming changes. The forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. Only when the issue is resolved will those who notice the fix post anything about it. Those who manage the programs do not visit the forum and so there is extremely little chance of getting a timeline or schedule if there is one being worked.
How does anyone open a "bug" with the IT team then?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

csession wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:09 am How does anyone open a "bug" with the IT team then?
Submit feedback using the link at the bottom of the Send A Message page.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I sent message to "feedback" and here's what I received about this subject:

Aug 1, 2022, 10:28 AM (1 day ago)
to me

Thank you for your feedback. As this channel is to improve the site based on member feedback, we don't typically have all the answers to current issues in LCR. To better assist you with this issue we invite you to call the Global Service Department so that an agent may better assist you over the phone.

Thank you,

Response Team
Last edited by casper684 on Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I got the exact worded reply to a feedback today. Sure sounds like a policy change to me.

ps please delete the link you posted. It should not be public.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

How do I do that? figured it out. Thanks for letting me know not to put it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't currently have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, but if I remember correctly, I think there are two feedback links – one that looks like a ribbon in the bottom right, and the general feedback link in the footer that's standard on all pages of the Church website. Which feedback link did you use? I would expect the ribbon feedback link to be more for gathering feature feedback, and the the one at the bottom for reporting issues.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 am I don't currently have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, but if I remember correctly, I think there are two feedback links – one that looks like a ribbon in the bottom right, and the general feedback link in the footer that's standard on all pages of the Church website. Which feedback link did you use? I would expect the ribbon feedback link to be more for gathering feature feedback, and the the one at the bottom for reporting issues.
Depending on what version of the web page one is blessed to fetch it all depends. I just tried it multiple times and got different feedback links and in one case where a feedback link was previously it said contact us which took me to a GSC link to open a case. Even when one clicks on feedback what opens is not the same format nor does it ask for the same type information. What presents is not consistent at all, which is one of the fundamental underlying issues with many things IT.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Probably the best way to report specific problems in LCR is to use the Help > Contact Us option (which can also be reached using the Contact Us ribbon in the lower left side of the page). This will open a case with the GSD. This page also provides the phone number for the GSD.

However, some people have reported a problem where it just logs them out when they try to use this option. But it doesn't happen for everyone.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

eblood66 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am Probably the best way to report specific problems in LCR is to use the Help > Contact Us option (which can also be reached using the Contact Us ribbon in the lower left side of the page). This will open a case with the GSD. This page also provides the phone number for the GSD.

However, some people have reported a problem where it just logs them out when they try to use this option. But it doesn't happen for everyone.
The contact us option does not always appear unfortunately. But your advice is noted.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

garystroble wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:30 am The contact us option does not always appear unfortunately. But your advice is noted.
The ribbon may not always be there but I'm pretty sure the menu option is.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”