LCR "send a message" not sending

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Problem with "Send a Message" Application

Post by jdlessley »

fredbloem wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:40 pm Whom can we contact at Church headquarters or the Church's IT department to correct this? Surely somebody up there must be aware of it. We can't they or why won't they fix it?
You can send feedback through the feedback link found at the bottom of the page in the footer. It will be routed to the responsible entity for that program. They are aware of it and have been working on it for over a year. Changes implemented for other programs, software updates, and security updates are keeping them engaged. From our perspective it looks like they don't know about it, don't care about it, and are doing nothing. All of that is incorrect. Whether the programmers get to work on the issue until it is fixed is questionable since their daily work priorities are set by other church departments, committees, and councils.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
fredbloem

Re: LCR "send a message" not sending

Post by fredbloem »

Thank you. Considering that most stake and ward leaders don't know that the email app is defective, I think that they should disable it until it's fixed. Leaders need to be informed that they should use another email app if they want to be sure that their messages reach ALL intended recipients.
cpark93

Post by cpark93 »

jdlessley wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:01 pm Take a look at the thread "Send a Message" Function on LCR for others reporting the same issue recently. Note in that thread the posters have identified Gmail as the email provider that has some issues.
Most of the recipients that are not receiving my emails are Yahoo emails, interestingly enough.
holtjenny

Post by holtjenny »

I've had this same issue. Emails I'm sending out to the ward using the "Send a Message" are not going out to everyone on the list, even though I verify they were on it before I sent it out. I have no idea who didn't get it other than the few that let me know. In my case, Yahoo, ymail, and aol emails have been affected.

We did have an issue with our Zoom link as well. I have my Bishopric checking into it on their end, but it sounds like it could be the church's send a message system.....
richellenelson

Post by richellenelson »

I have tried to send 4 different emails today. None of them went through to anyone. (I send things out weekly, have for over a year, and this is the first time I've had a problem.) I tried to hit the "contact us" section of LCR, and each time it told me I had "successfully logged out." I don't know who to contact or how to get this to work again. Reports, etc. seem to all work well. It's just the email. Any suggestions? It looked like a lot of people had this problem back in 2021, but I can't find anything recent.
caillines

Post by caillines »

The solution, which isn't really a practical solution for large mail outs, is to send them out using your personal email account (making sure to use BCC for privacy). Works ok for small groups such as ward/stake council, but not so much for large groups.
fredbloem

Post by fredbloem »

caillines wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:44 am The solution, which isn't really a practical solution for large mail outs, is to send them out using your personal email account (making sure to use BCC for privacy). Works ok for small groups such as ward/stake council, but not so much for large groups.
My ISP's cap is 80 recipients per mailout so I had to send split the transmissions of the ward bulletin to both the Relief Society and the elders quorum. It's a bit inconvenient, but it works.
fredbloem

Post by fredbloem »

holtjenny wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:21 pm I've had this same issue. Emails I'm sending out to the ward using the "Send a Message" are not going out to everyone on the list, even though I verify they were on it before I sent it out. I have no idea who didn't get it other than the few that let me know. In my case, Yahoo, ymail, and aol emails have been affected.

We did have an issue with our Zoom link as well. I have my Bishopric checking into it on their end, but it sounds like it could be the church's send a message system.....
Yes, as far as I know, Yahoo, ymail, and AOL email accounts are affected primarily. Perhaps in some cases gmail as well.

We've had issues with Zoom links as well in that the link would redirect to a non-working Church website instead of an actual working Zoom link. However, this has not been consistent.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This is kind of ridiculous, the church IT staff needs to step up on this one, at least let us know what's going on, what they are doing. This isn't an end-user problem, if yahoo and others have configured it to be blacklisted, it'll be blocked and sent back to the church, which means they have thousands and thousands of these things.... simple query.... talk to the domain, get off their black list, etc... whatever it is, get it done.

The idea that individual members need to send in requests is beyond silly, NOT IN THIS CASE anyway, this is a SYSTEM problem not an individual problem.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:39 pm This is kind of ridiculous, the church IT staff needs to step up on this one
From what I understand, a change was made (or at least scheduled to be made last week) but even then it would take weeks before the emails would get though. I'm not sure what to make of that vague communication. I can only guess that it would take time for Yahoo's algorithms to adjust to the change and no longer see the church as a spammer.

I went and looked at a email I received via LCR earlier this month. Google gave it a passing grade for SPF, DKIM, and DMARC - all the tests that GMail uses. So, that's not it. As discussed in another thread, spamming complaints and an excess of bad email addresses seems like an likely issue. Neither one has a simple or quick fix. It's not a technical parameter that needs to be tweaked.

And why is everyone so quick to point fingers at the church when it's primarily one email system that's having a consistent issue? To what extent do we expect the church be dancing to Yahoo/AOL's tune?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”