Not receiving emails - confirmation and others

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
frigginsnapper

Not receiving emails - confirmation and others

Post by frigginsnapper »

I have scheduled ordinances but am not receiving the confirmation emails. I have verified the email address on file in my account and on the confirmation page when setting them. I checked both my trash and spam folders and nothing is coming through. I do not have any filters set up that would move the emails once received on my end either. Has this happened to anyone else and how do I resolve? Thanks in advance!

On a side note I also have not received many emails from the Church recently either. I did verify I am set up to receive those notifications based on my chosen subscriptions however.
davesudweeks

Re: Not receiving emails - confirmation and others

Post by davesudweeks »

If your email service provider is Yahoo or AOL, there have been recent issues reported with those services blocking emails from the church at the server level. The Global Service Department is aware and they are working on it.

If that is not the case, you might check and make sure your email is listed as the "personal" email on your church account. These emails only send to the personal email address listed on the membership record - not the household email address.
frigginsnapper

Post by frigginsnapper »

Thank you so very much! Sounds like blocking at the server may be my issue. Do they have an anticipated date for resolution?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

According to this post (viewtopic.php?p=226045#p226045), it was reported as fixed. However, it has been fixed and broken again in the past. A more permanent solution may be to change to an email provider who does not tend to block emails at the server like some of these do. However that would be a personal decision for you to consider.
frigginsnapper

Post by frigginsnapper »

Thank you for the link. After a bit of research it appears they may be doing this to avoid sending what they think could be spam. The irony here is that I use yahoo for church, DNA and family history emails so I get less spam to my other provider emails. This has worked rather well for me. So it would be frustrating to have to change. I guess no matter what you do though there will always be something.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davesudweeks wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:45 am According to this post (viewtopic.php?p=226045#p226045), it was reported as fixed. However, it has been fixed and broken again in the past. A more permanent solution may be to change to an email provider who does not tend to block emails at the server like some of these do. However that would be a personal decision for you to consider.
That post was based on the anecdotal experience of one user. There is still work going on the fully resolve this issue.

Return to “Church Account”