need to split up donors that were all submitted under head of household

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
csticht

need to split up donors that were all submitted under head of household

Post by csticht »

Greetings,

I am the finance clerk for my branch, and I'm trying to correct a donation error. Family members filled out individual slips, but because they weren't already showing up in MLS, the donations ended up being attributed to the head of household who was already listed. In trying to go back and correct the issue, the system will not let me delete the donation and reenter the slips as written and submitted. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: need to split up donors that were all submitted under head of household

Post by jdlessley »

You can correct the donation donor error in Leader and Clerk Resources ( LCR) > Finance > Donations > Donation Summary. Find the donation batch, open it by clicking the donor name, and click the Adjust Donation button. Enter the correct donor in the Donor box. If the donor is not found on the list then click the Add Donor button. Note that the donor is found by entering the MRN. You can find that by opening another tab and going to LCR > Membership > Member List. If a child who is not a child of record made the donation then you will have to create a nonmember donor record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

csticht wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:23 pm In trying to go back and correct the issue, the system will not let me delete the donation and reenter the slips as written and submitted. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I don't think you can do anything that will change the batch total. That's why you can't delete the donation. But as outlined above, you can attribute it to someone else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
csticht

Post by csticht »

The batch total doesn't change, but the amount of donors (let's say 2), were attributed to Daughter and Son Smith, but just got put under Dad Smith. Since the sum of the donations can't solely be attributed to one individual, to try to correct the donors, I as a clerk can't do it. Is there someone at Church HQ that can do that? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

csticht wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:55 pm The batch total doesn't change,
Attempting to delete a donation will change the total (even if only for a moment), so it's not allowed as a way to fix your problem.

If each donor was recorded as a separate donation, then you just need to change the donor. If you combined them into a single donation, then check if there's a way to split the donation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:30 amIf you combined them into a single donation, then check if there's a way to split the donation.
MLS has the ability to have multiple 'slips'--each with different donors--for a single donation. But I don't see any way of doing that in the new LCR interface or in the Adjust Donation interface in LCR. That seems like a problem because when I was ward finance clerk I definitely had donations where I had a single check but multiple donors. I don't know how I'd do that in LCR now.

So I don't think there is any way of making this adjustment in LCR. You might be able to do it in MLS if the 'New Slip' button is enabled when editing an existing donation. But I seem to remember that it was disabled except when entering donations in the first place.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

eblood66 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:33 amMLS has the ability to have multiple 'slips'--each with different donors--for a single donation. But I don't see any way of doing that in the new LCR interface or in the Adjust Donation interface in LCR.

I submitted a ticket for that a couple of weeks ago. The response was it was being considered. Whether or not that feature is going to be programmed into LCR/Finance is unknown. Until then the only solution is to call the GSD.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
csticht

Post by csticht »

What is GSD and do you have a number for them? I am in Japan.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

csticht wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:20 pm What is GSD and do you have a number for them? I am in Japan.
Go to the Finance page in the Help Center and click on "Contact Us".

csticht

Post by csticht »

I appreciate all the help and tips you've given. Unfortunately, when I go to the finance page and click on contact us, it logs me out and doesn't proceed. So I log back in and attempt it again, and it just logs me out again. Can you provide the information that I would find there for church headquarters? Thanks.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”