YW Class Presidency - Cannot add Custom Calling

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
shnewman

YW Class Presidency - Cannot add Custom Calling

Post by shnewman »

I reorganized our YW class presidency today (not adult leaders). They chose to have a 3rd counselor; however, after successfully filling out the rest of the presidency, I tried to create a "New Custom Calling" for the third counselor and received the following error, "Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data. Try refreshing the page, or try again later." Further investigation showed that I cannot create any kind of "New Custom Calling" for this category. Any ideas how to do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: YW Class Presidency - Cannot add Custom Calling

Post by russellhltn »

shnewman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:13 am Any ideas how to do this?
You may not be able to. While I can't find anything in the Handbook that limits YW to two councilors, many other presidencies do have such a limitation. Despite that, it seems to have become "a thing" for many wards to attempt to call a third councilor. Under the direction of the presiding authority for such things (not the developers), LCR may have been updated to prevent that.

I would report back that you are unable to record the calling. If anyone has questions, I'd invoke section 0.4 of the Handbook:
If leaders have questions about information in this handbook or about issues it does not address, they counsel with their immediate presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”