Web Based authentication for wireless internet

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
davereb

Post by davereb »

Oh yes...

It does have the ability to limit based on time, but we do not use this feature as it has not been an issue as we only allow leaders access, not the general membership. (well only people that have specific requests that the stake presidency has authorized.)
davereb

Post by davereb »

One other item I feel important to add it that the router handling the authentication is put behind the church firewall. All traffic first gets authencatated by the router, then through the church's router (in our case the Cisco Pix) to the outside world. The church provided firewall (as configured by the church network administrators) is a NECESSARY part of any internet access in church buildings.
silid

Post by silid »

Can I vote for this to be support by the church directly please.

I have a dd-wrt router ready and waiting. If you have any code, send it my way please.

Si.
schester

Post by schester »

I was just recently called as STS and was curious about doing a setup like this myself. I hadn't considered integrating it into LDS Account, but that would be something to consider. There are certainly arguments for not tying them together though.

Do you have any more information about how you set this up? Did you do it in multiple buildings?

A church managed solution would be more elegant than something we would implement locally. Does anyone have updated information on this?

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”