General Conference in foreign language

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
CGrilliot

General Conference in foreign language

Post by CGrilliot »

This forum may not be the perfect fit for this question, but I haven't been able to find my answer elsewhere, and I'm betting someone here knows the answer.

I am trying to help a French-speaking family in our ward get set up to watch General Conference on their home computer this weekend. On the church website it says, "All sessions will be streamed live in more than 70 languages on the live broadcasts page (of Churchof JesusChrist.org)."

So I know where to go, but once there, how do I select French as the desired language?
davesudweeks

Re: General Conference in foreign language

Post by davesudweeks »

I could be wrong, but if they select their preferred language as French on their church account, I think the language of the site changes automatically.
Log in to churchofjesuschrist.org, click on the picture at the far right of the menu bar (may be an icon if no picture has been uploaded), select "Account Settings" from the drop-down list to change the preferred language.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the site serves up the video that matches your language selection for the website.

It simplifies the user experience by removing unneeded options, but does make it complicated for those of us who are trying to help others.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

Adding lang= is the common Church method. ie:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/broadcasts?lang=fra
CGrilliot

Post by CGrilliot »

Very good. Thank you!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Same thing happens with the Gospel Library app on your phone. Based on my language setting inside Gospel Library, when launching Gospel Library over conference weekend, it automatically displayed (at the top of the screen) the invitation to watch General Conference in that corresponding language.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”