Define feature not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
mikelantz

Define feature not working

Post by mikelantz »

Noticed that the "define" function when highlighting a word no longer works in my Gospel Library. Running app version 6.0.0 12161 on iPad and iPhone IOS software version 15.0 What should I do?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Define feature not working

Post by sbradshaw »

Apple changed its Look Up functionality in iOS/iPadOS 15. Until the developers are able to find a fix, a workaround is to go to iOS Settings > Siri & Search, scroll to "Content from Apple," and toggle off "Show in Look Up."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mikelantz

Post by mikelantz »

OK, tried your suggested workaround, but still not results. I'll hold for the upcoming fix. Thanks
mikelantz

Post by mikelantz »

Any update as to when the "Define" feature will be restored? Frustrating that still cannot define words in the books, etc. being read in the Gospel Library. Have you ever tried to read Jesus the Christ without some dictionary help?
DallinPeterson24

Post by DallinPeterson24 »

sbradshaw wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am Apple changed its Look Up functionality in iOS/iPadOS 15. Until the developers are able to find a fix, a workaround is to go to iOS Settings > Siri & Search, scroll to "Content from Apple," and toggle off "Show in Look Up."
Thanks!! This worked for me
kwerby

Post by kwerby »

Thank you SO much!. It took me a long time to find “CONTENT FROM APPLE” I guess because it wasn’t highlighted.
rcollinsut

Post by rcollinsut »

The workaround worked for me for a few weeks, but my Define function has again stopped working within Gospel Library, even though “Show in Lookup” is still turned off. Now I have to open a separate dictionary app, type in the word, read the definition, and then return to Gospel Library to continue reading. Please fix this issue ASAP. it has now been many months since it stopped working. Of all the scriptures, we need the Define function most when studying the Old Testament.
sboekweg

Post by sboekweg »

I had same issue and nothing worked above. I went to Settings > Siri & Search > Siri & Dictation History and selected option Delete Siri & Dictation History. That resolved the issue.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”