End of Webcasting in July 2022: Please transition to Zoom

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: End of Webcasting in July 2022: Please transition to Zoom

Post by russellhltn »

jstn.green24 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:18 am Are there any camera recommendations with the move to Zoom? I would prefer the same kind of setup now where the camera is mounted and out of sight. The only problem is it requires a good amount of zoom since it is is so far away from the pulpit. Any direction would be nice.
The PDF attached to the first post in this thread outlines how you can use an inexpensive adapter to convert HDMI to USB that is visible to Zoom as a webcam.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

jstn.green24 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:18 am The only problem is it requires a good amount of zoom since it is is so far away from the pulpit.
We were using a PTZ camera with only 10x optical zoom, which was fine when the camera was on a tripod a couple of rows from the pulpit. But when mounted at the back of the chapel, wasn't adequate for us. We now have this 20x camera and couldn't be more pleased. It is a clone of the PTZOptics 20x-SDI. (it even takes the same firmware)
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

danpass wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:38 pmWe now have this 20x camera and couldn't be more pleased.
Wow, nice camera! Gotta keep that one bookmarked.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
vlc22

Post by vlc22 »

"If more than 500 participants are expected for a webinar, Zoom can be configured to redirect overflow participants to a live streaming service. YouTube Live is the suggested platform for larger events like stake or regional conferences. Using Zoom as the front-end platform enables a moderator to hold speakers that are not present in the meetinghouse in a waiting area so that they can be brought into the meeting when it is their turn to speak or pray."

I have attempted to configure our Stake Zoom account with a YouTube RTMP stream multiple times, but Zoom does not ever send data to YouTube. It is turned on in the Zoom settings.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

vlc22 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 pm "If more than 500 participants are expected for a webinar, Zoom can be configured to redirect overflow participants to a live streaming service. YouTube Live is the suggested platform for larger events like stake or regional conferences. Using Zoom as the front-end platform enables a moderator to hold speakers that are not present in the meetinghouse in a waiting area so that they can be brought into the meeting when it is their turn to speak or pray."

I have attempted to configure our Stake Zoom account with a YouTube RTMP stream multiple times, but Zoom does not ever send data to YouTube. It is turned on in the Zoom settings.
I also couldn't get youtube working with RTMP settings at our stake conference back in April.

I think I read that it's something to do with the autostart settings in the youtube account. AT least in my case. You seem pretty sure that youtube is not receiving any data whatsoever?
Youtube by default recognises a stream coming in on the RTMP details but is waiting for you to manually go back into youtube and then authorise the stream to start.

Using the Zoom in built "Live on YouTube" function did work perfectly though.
This also improves the end-user experience as well. Zoom can throw people over to youtube very easily when you use their own live to youtube tool. If you use RTMP then zoom seems a bit glitchy with that handover mechanism.
vlc22

Post by vlc22 »

Does the Zoom built-in "Live on YouTube" work with channels that do not have 1000 subscribers? I know that the mobile app from YouTube require 1000 subscribers. I have been able to get around that by using RTMP with the Larix app.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

vlc22 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:42 am Does the Zoom built-in "Live on YouTube" work with channels that do not have 1000 subscribers? I know that the mobile app from YouTube require 1000 subscribers. I have been able to get around that by using RTMP with the Larix app.
Yes, it works on both my account with 380 subscribers and the ward account with 10 or so subscribers.
vlc22

Post by vlc22 »

I just realized why I couldn't find the "Live on YouTube" option. It does not show up in the Firefox browser on Linux. I was able to find it with the IOS Zoom app, and it works. Of course, I had to remove the Zoom app and reinstall it in order to remove the Google account credentials. I will eventually look at the Windows laptop at the Stake center to see if "Live on YouTube" shows up there.
vlc22

Post by vlc22 »

awev wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:11 am Who has taken the time to read the End Users License Agreement (EULA) or the Terms of Service (ToS), say for YouTube or Facebook? I will not agree to YouTubes conditions for posting content that I create - as I would be agreeing to let any other YouTube user use my content any way they desire, and I give up any rights to assert my copyright - just read through it.

This is not entirely true even though there is some truth to it.

I have inserted the direct quotation from the YouTube "Terms of Service."
https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms

"You also grant each other user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to access your Content through the Service, and to use that Content, including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display, and perform it, only as enabled by a feature of the Service (such as video playback or embeds). For clarity, this license does not grant any rights or permissions for a user to make use of your Content independent of the Service."
Attachments
YouTubeLicenseAgreement.png
(141.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

We tried our first broadcast using the Zoom webinar platform instead of the church's webcast system and it went pretty well. We disconnected our Teradek and routed the HDMI video and audio cables into a laptop using a video capture device (Mavis Link Video Capture Card) and a 1/8" to USB adapter (Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter). The only problem we noticed was the picture transmitted showed a slight distortion - everyone looked a little slimmer and taller then normal. (Is that a bad thing?) I'm wondering if that is a result of the quality of the video capture device we are using?

Anyone else noticed this? If so, have you found a fix?

Thanks for your time.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”