End of Webcasting in July 2022: Please transition to Zoom

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
vlc22

Re: End of Webcasting in July 2022: Please transition to Zoom

Post by vlc22 »

SmithonVI wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:59 pm We tried our first broadcast using the Zoom webinar platform instead of the church's webcast system and it went pretty well. We disconnected our Teradek and routed the HDMI video and audio cables into a laptop using a video capture device (Mavis Link Video Capture Card) and a 1/8" to USB adapter (Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter). The only problem we noticed was the picture transmitted showed a slight distortion - everyone looked a little slimmer and taller then normal. (Is that a bad thing?) I'm wondering if that is a result of the quality of the video capture device we are using?

Anyone else noticed this? If so, have you found a fix?

Thanks for your time.
I have been using a Zoom webinar at the Stake center for a daytime religion class with a similar setup. I have noticed that there is a use original ratio setting.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... mobile-app
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

Hi Vic22,

Yes, I found that setting this week as I was researching our problem. It didn't help but the check box next to it (HD) did reset the video to eliminate the distortion. Perhaps that just told Zoom to recognize our existing HD cameras. Always something to learn.

Anyway, thanks for your time in responding to my post. Stay safe and well.
vlc22

Post by vlc22 »

With the YouTube API, I can setup YouTube Live to work almost like the webcasting with the Larix app. I wish the embedding in a webpage worked for YouTube live events though. Has anyone else been able to get embedding to work with new YouTube channels?
faziow

Post by faziow »

Mikerowaved wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:33 pm Since nearly all of our stake's YouTube videos change to "Unlisted" 60 seconds after they end, and are deleted after I've had a chance to check them for any quality problems, other YouTubers don't have access to them.
In my ward, we just make them unlisted from the start and use a URL redirection service so members can use the same URL every Sunday. During the week, I point the redirect to the main church website. When the video goes live (usually a few minutes before the meeting starts), I replace it with whatever the YouTube URL is for that day.
isin1776

Post by isin1776 »

So today (01,23,2022) I paid a visit to my neighboring ward (Copper Hill) as I've been suffering from the worst Audio issues such as (hissing and muffling) of our Audio via the use of ZOOM meetings.

The purpose was to find out if maybe the issue was my wiring and or settings within OBS and Zoom as I was amazed on how well their quality both in Video & Audio but specially in their AUDIO was coming through Youtube.

Turns out that it was neither any software settings nor cabling of the equipment, zoom meetings just sound really "really!" bad when streaming. Just a heads up to those making the switch over to Zoom in the next coming months.

If anyone has any additional input please do let everyone know as this is quite annoying.

And yes I'm running the latest software versions of zoom and OBS.
- Utilizing a new Mac M1 laptop along with their new Apple VT H264 Software Encoder under my Output settings in OBS.
(don't use the Hardware options for your output encoder, as this is only recommended when your dealing with bitrates above 10,000 Kbps , I currently have mine set to 4500 Kbps given we have a 15Meg Upload speed on our internet connection.

(side note: find out what your upload speeds are via speedtest.com and then utilize around 30% of that figure and then do the conversion to bitrates, example: 10meg upload = 3,000 bitrate. <---- you want to input that figure into your output settings / under the Advanced tab)

-Rodecaster Pro with no audio effect, just straight into my laptop.

thanks
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

What purpose does OBS serve in your configuration?

Do you have the 'enable original audio' box ticked?

Have you monitored the audio at source by utilising headphones directly at your laptop before transmission via zoom?
Surfing4u

Post by Surfing4u »

Just I thought I would share what we have done to transition from Broadcasting to Zoom using our pre-wired equipment at the Stake Center. I will share a video link below. I will also share a link for using a GoPro for Zoom in a building that does not have a pre-wired camera.

Video Links:
Buildings with Pre-wired Camera systems: https://youtu.be/iZEGO_5wlpY
Buildings with-out: https://youtu.be/JNP3sNsEVOs

Sincerely
Josh L
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Surfing4u wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 pm Just I thought I would share what we have done to transition from Broadcasting to Zoom using our pre-wired equipment at the Stake Center. I will share a video link below. I will also share a link for using a GoPro for Zoom in a building that does not have a pre-wired camera.
I take it that neither chapel had an audio out from the sound system? That should eliminate the need for the mixer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:44 pm
Surfing4u wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 pm Just I thought I would share what we have done to transition from Broadcasting to Zoom using our pre-wired equipment at the Stake Center. I will share a video link below. I will also share a link for using a GoPro for Zoom in a building that does not have a pre-wired camera.
I take it that neither chapel had an audio out from the sound system? That should eliminate the need for the mixer.
I was thinking the same. First time i've seen someone interrupt the signal between the mic and the sound system. Usually done further down the chain.

GoPro is a great camera for it's intended purpose for sure. Unless someone in the ward already has one to use reliably every week, there are much more cost effective cameras that don't have such a wide angle lens and need to be so close.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Always good to see what others are doing.
Surfing4u

Post by Surfing4u »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:44 pm

The Go Pro set up did have issues, and so we went with the mixer for a seamless experience. The Setup for the Stake: Using the mixer allows for everything to be in one place for ease of use with mutable mics for Leadership & audience participation. We usually run three wireless mics. one Lapel and 2 handhelds. The mixer makes it easy, and clean... instead of plugging in around area.

Josh

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”