Move Records Out not showing new unit for address

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mevans

Move Records Out not showing new unit for address

Post by mevans »

I have the new address of a family that just moved out of our ward. I went to move the records out. LCR provided the correct USPS address and I accepted it. Then it didn't give me any unit choices. It just said it would move it to the default unit for the address, so I told it to proceed. Then it gave me a warning about not selecting a new unit (I didn't get any new units to choose from).

So, I thought I would see if I could find the new unit from the Meetinghouse Locator. Well, that tool seems to be broken (maybe LCR connects to it to find units?). Finally, I went to Classic Maps, which had no problem finding the correct unit for the address. I put in the unit name and LCR gave me a picklist of similar names. I was able to move the records.

Anyway, the move out records feature is broken in LCR right now.
garystroble

Re: Move Records Out not showing new unit for address

Post by garystroble »

Have seen that problem once before with a new address which was not in Google maps yet. It has not happened again to me since then, and unless it keeps happening to you or others don't think it is a systemic issue.

Just checked and meetinghouse locator is working right now, and yesterday I was able to move out a record just fine with no issues.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I was just able to move out another member with no problem so the systems are working great at this time.
mevans

Post by mevans »

garystroble wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:14 am Have seen that problem once before with a new address which was not in Google maps yet. It has not happened again to me since then, and unless it keeps happening to you or others don't think it is a systemic issue.
It was a newer address, but it is on Google maps and even has a street view now.
garystroble wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:14 am Just checked and meetinghouse locator is working right now, and yesterday I was able to move out a record just fine with no issues.
Thanks for confirming meetinghouse locator is working for you...it's still not working for me. Maybe it's time to clear all my cache and cookies to see if that solves the problem. I don't have any more records to move out at the moment.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”