General Conference Music - no more????

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
seanknighton

General Conference Music - no more????

Post by seanknighton »

I've been waiting for conference music mp3's to drop from the October 2021 General Conference at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... ence-music

However, that long standing page is now gone as of about the past week. Now when going to the music library and then to general conference (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/mus ... conference), there are only a few random years of conference music - of which 2021 is not included.

Any word on if the old conference music will again become available online?

Thanks!
nmecantwin73

Re: General Conference Music - no more????

Post by nmecantwin73 »

seanknighton wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:33 pm ...Any word on if the old conference music will again become available online?...
Conference Music back to 2008 is found in the Gospel Library under both the General Conference section and the Music section.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... c?lang=eng
seanknighton

Post by seanknighton »

Thanks! Might be worth making redirects on the two links I provided since they aren't exhaustive resources like the link you sent. Thanks again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is there a way to organize it by title?

We've got a stake conference coming up in a few weeks. If we hadn't just received permission to have congregational singing, I'd be hunting for the selected hymns to play back. Hunting down the selected 6 hymns for the 3 sessions would be a real pain in this format.

I remember a few years ago finding a web page that had them all listed that way. It made it easy to pick off the MP3s I needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

General conference music back to 2008 is also available in the Sacred Music app. In both the Sacred Music and Gospel Library apps, you can sort the songs alphabetically by title. However, it's not as easy to export/download the individual MP3/MP4 files from the app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:25 pm We've got a stake conference coming up in a few weeks. If we hadn't just received permission to have congregational singing, I'd be hunting for the selected hymns to play back
When you play back something you have to make sure there's copyright clearance. We had prerecorded music for streaming provided by the church for some of our pandemic stake conferences. I remember even the church broadcast people were having to wait for copyright clearance before they could provide it to us.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:51 pm When you play back something you have to make sure there's copyright clearance. We had prerecorded music for streaming provided by the church for some of our pandemic stake conferences. I remember even the church broadcast people were having to wait for copyright clearance before they could provide it to us.
The guidance I've received in the past is to pick a recording from General Conference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”