Pulpit HDMI Input and iPad Lightnight / HDMI adapters

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
andrewjorgensen

Re: Pulpit HDMI Input and iPad Lightnight / HDMI adapters

Post by andrewjorgensen »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:05 pm Is that an active conversion, and if so, where does it get it's power?
It is. The power comes from the Extron video switch in the AV cabinet.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

harperrg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:35 am We've got this problem at our building. Did you find any resolution with filing a trouble ticket?
Yes. A tech came out, ran some tests, then cut off the ends to a couple of cables and re-dressed them. This was done both at the pulpit and the rear of the chapel. All is good now.

Obviously, this might not be the solution for others, but it fixed our HDMI problems for both inputs.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 pm A tech came out, ran some tests, then cut off the ends to a couple of cables and re-dressed them. This was done both at the pulpit and the rear of the chapel. All is good now.
Probably some kind of network cable test, not just some "it works on my laptop" test.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
andrewjorgensen

Post by andrewjorgensen »

Mikerowaved wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 pm
harperrg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:35 am We've got this problem at our building. Did you find any resolution with filing a trouble ticket?
Yes. A tech came out, ran some tests, then cut off the ends to a couple of cables and re-dressed them. This was done both at the pulpit and the rear of the chapel. All is good now.

Obviously, this might not be the solution for others, but it fixed our HDMI problems for both inputs.
Curious. I wonder if actually they also did other things, like updating the firmware on the input boxes.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

andrewjorgensen wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:46 pm Curious. I wonder if actually they also did other things, like updating the firmware on the input boxes.
That I don't know. Our system is still under warranty, so I wouldn't think it would need FW updating yet.
dave.swartz

Post by dave.swartz »

If I plug an Apple TV into the HDMI input directly the HDCP kicks in and the Extron switch shows green video. We overcome this by using a U9 four port HDMI splitter. This is a good practice anyway since you can feed the source video into a projector and building HDMI input at the same time. If I would like to use a Blackmagic Design ATEM switch I need a second U9 splitter on the output of the Extron switch as well.

When troubleshooting look for the HDCP indicator LED on the Extron switch.

In our case the Apple TV is running some NDI software so over Ethernet I have a way to get video to the rostrum independent of the building video distribution system.

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”