New tile format for open books on gospel library app

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sarahmaria

New tile format for open books on gospel library app

Post by sarahmaria »

I wish I had the option to use the old window format for open books on the gospel library app. I cannot tell what I’m looking at with the tiles because it’s a few letters at the front and a few at the end. How can I undo the update barring no two options?
Thanks
grantowen

Re: New tile format for open books on gospel library app

Post by grantowen »

The Gospel Library app is a fantastic product and I cannot imagine the amount of work that goes into it. Thank you to everyone involved for giving us such a wonderful gospel study tool. And thank you for continuing to push its boundaries.
However the new format of tiles instead of a list of open scripture books is terrible, sorry. The previous list format told me exactly what I needed to know about the item. The tile presents too much information, but none of it complete. Its a collage. It truncates the useful information and adds abbreviated or truncated extracts from the item which are of no interest, such as the chapter summary. I'm going to read that when I open the book. So while otherwise the app is outstanding, with respect to this change can we please have the option to "view as a list" instead of tiles?............... Grant
faziow

Post by faziow »

Bump. Very much agree with the above (as do many others, it seems, based on the numerous reviews on the app in the iOS App Store). It's a notable step backward in usability, not just because of te comments above, but because the user must now scan in two directions (horizontally AND vertically) instead of just one to see what is open. The titles on the new tiles are also in a much smaller font, which is (unintentionally) user-hostile towards older users.

The best solution would be to make the layout configuration an option and let each user choose what they prefer, but if I had to choose one or the other, then the old list-style layout would be the one that I think would best support the broad array of users relying on the app each day.
sarahmaria

Post by sarahmaria »

Amen! I’m SO frustrated! Bits and pieces of words and all too small for my old eyes. PLEASE BRING PACK THE ORIGINAL VIEW of open books! At least as an option. Please. Thanks

Return to “Gospel Library”