Privacy Settings - App shuts down HELP

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Emevec

Privacy Settings - App shuts down HELP

Post by Emevec »

For some reason, my personal information is locked. I did not lock it. When I try to change my personal settings in the LDS tools app, the app immediately shuts down. I've tried several times. I have also deleted the app and re-installed it to see if that there might be an update, but the app is up to date. I am in the relief society presidency in my ward and I think it is important for members to be able to see my picture and contact information. I don't know who to contact to get this resolved or fixed. HELP
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Privacy Settings - App shuts down HELP

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest sending feedback from within the app.

But first, I'd look at the privacy setting for the Household. No individual can have a setting less restrictive than their household setting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jwjohnson99

Post by jwjohnson99 »

I’m a ward clerk. One of our members is unable to change privacy setting on his email so he can receive emails from the ward. When I tried to help I have the same issue with the app closing when I click on the member’s email privacy. I can change the household settings, but not his personal email privacy. I’ve even deleted his email all together and then entered it later. The privacy setting persists and I can’t edit it.
kelchenk

Post by kelchenk »

I'm a Ward Clerk and am experiencing this issue. A member of our bishopric is as well. Both of our devices were using the iOS version. I haven't had any others test it at this point in time.

My device info:

Device: iPhone SE 2020
iOS version: 15.1
App version: 4.5.0 (7601)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would suggest sending feedback from within the app. By in large, the developers don't hang out here. Unless someone else has figured out a fix, I don't think you'll get the answer here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”