Building Scheduler

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lehrschallbrian

Building Scheduler

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I apologize if this has been covered.

I was recently called as a building scheduler. Originally the Stake Clerk added me as both a building scheduler and a Stake Calendar Admin. When I had the Stake Admin I had the ability to pair events with their respective wards. Later on the Stake removed the calendar administrator portion of the calling and now I can only add events for my ward and for the building location.

Which one is correct?

HELP!!!!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Scheduler

Post by russellhltn »

By default, a building scheduler only has edit rights to the building location.

There is no way to make you an editor of all wards.

As such, each unit needs to do their own scheduling. You're needed if things get out of hand or to schedule private events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

See that is now how things work in our stake each building scheduler does all the scheduling for each ward. If I were a stake calendar admin that would allow me to do it would it not?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lehrschallbrian wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:39 am If I were a stake calendar admin that would allow me to do it would it not?
You still wouldn't be able to add events to ward calendars. There's no way to make you an admin or even an editor of all of the ward calendars.

The system is designed with the idea that each unit does their own scheduling and the building scheduler only steps in as needed to solve issues.

The reason the church used to have one person do all the scheduling was due to the limitation of paper - there could be only one copy that was the authoritative, up to date schedule. And giving people access to the paper would give them the ability to cancel other people's reservations. So the solution was to anoint someone as "building scheduler" and publish their phone number. But computers solved that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”