Windows Update and .NET Framworks Problems

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
robyoungberg

Windows Update and .NET Framworks Problems

Post by robyoungberg »

This may be two separate issues. It's been a couple of weeks since I encountered this, sorry if any of it is rusty.

I'm the STS.

I set up a new clerk computer. When I try to run an update, it gives me an error message (image 1). Also, as I was installing an optional printer-related app, it said I should download .NET Frameworks. When I click through to download and install .NET frameworks, it hangs around 5% forever (image 2) and then never gets any further. Any ideas of what I can do to be able to run Windows Updates, AND either install .NET Frameworks or tell the computer "never mind" on that printer app, so that it'll stop asking me to download .NET Frameworks every time we log in?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
couldn't complete.png
error.png
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Windows Update and .NET Framworks Problems

Post by russellhltn »

Does the computer have Sophos installed? If so, try uninstalling it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”