SMS or other queuing system for temple recommend interviews?

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

SMS or other queuing system for temple recommend interviews?

Post by barkeraj »

Our stake temple recommend line often gets up over an hour. I'm curious if anyone has tried using some kind of queueing system (sms or otherwise) kinda like a take a number thing so that people don't have to sit in the hallway, or could maybe get on the list from home to limit the amount of time waiting in person. Success, failure, options to look at, etc all appreciated :)
garystroble

Re: SMS or other queuing system for temple recommend interviews?

Post by garystroble »

barkeraj wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:41 pm Our stake temple recommend line often gets up over an hour. I'm curious if anyone has tried using some kind of queueing system (sms or otherwise) kinda like a take a number thing so that people don't have to sit in the hallway, or could maybe get on the list from home to limit the amount of time waiting in person. Success, failure, options to look at, etc all appreciated :)
Here in the mission field, many of the members live significant distances from the stake center and interviews are often done at other buildings as well. Not sure if that would help there.

Having that many members living so close to the stake center all needing stake temple recommends is an enviable position to be in. Is there a way to have the family history library open for them to use while waiting, depending on its proximity to the stake offices?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I just went through renewing my recommend and our stake executive secretary had me make an appointment through SignUpGenious.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

My temple recommend interviews have always been by appointment, even when I had a general idea when the member of the presidency would be interviewing.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Thanks for the responses. Maybe we are a little unique with the first come first serve method.

As an update the best option I have found so far is https://waitwhile.com/ which has a free if less than 100/month in the list tier. We are still discussing (or will be in an upcoming meeting) the direction to go or if we want to try it. I will report back :)

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”