Address Locator Form - Lost Members

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
davesudweeks

Re: Address Locator Form - Lost Members

Post by davesudweeks »

iftvr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am Thanks for your input Brethren, I also distinctly remember the multi-part standard Church form, and I am only 70, but 30-40 years ago was not that long ago.

I just thought that with all the wonderful technology advances these days there perhaps was an online version of this form that could be accessed via Member Tools or LCR and completed online by assigned ministering visitors or Organisation leaders when they come across members who have gone missing.

But I guess we just have to print out the checklist/basic steps for them and once they have gathered the information, to capture this onto the system manually?
When I served as clerk, I made one in Excel that could be printed with space for handwritten notes. That way, it could be handed out in ward council for members to follow the steps and record their findings. Then they could return it to the clerk to process the move-out. I still have it so if you want a copy, send me your email address in a PM and I'll forward it to you. I have it as an Excel sheet that can be edited electronically and as a .pdf (that is not a form-fill document).
iftvr

Post by iftvr »

Thank you so much, kind of you.
My email is: isaacvanreneburg@mweb.co.za

Regards
Isaac
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

iftvr wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 am Thank you so much, kind of you.

Regards
Isaac
I send you the files. Best of luck in your efforts.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

davesudweeks wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 pm
iftvr wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 am Thank you so much, kind of you.

Regards
Isaac
I send you the files. Best of luck in your efforts.
I spoke too soon, I received a bounce-back message that your address is not accepting emails.
iftvr

Post by iftvr »

Sincere apologies, I made a typo. My correct email address is: isaacvanrensburg@mweb.co.za
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I sent again and did not receive a bounce-back so hopefully this worked.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There is no harm in printing out the steps to use as a reference wnile you go through the process. As others have noted, when you actually move the record, you will need to check off the steps you have completed before you will be able to move out the record.

Many years ago there was an actual form with the steps listed on it, but the form was not sent anywhere.

We keep the checklist locked up in the clerks office for a while. The membership records seem to find their way back from time to time. We already have a record of what we did and usually can send the record back with little effort unless there has been a change.
joeycon4

Post by joeycon4 »

We use a shared Google Sheet among our ward leadership to track Lost Members and confirm the dates we completed each step with the outcome as well as notes we learn along the way.
After we move a record out, we copy the information to a different type for archive/historical purposes, which has been helpful when records "ping pong" around local wards trying to locate individuals.
It'd be great to see a more formal version of this in LCR, as mentioned in the handbook, section 33: https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... e_number23

"If a clerk cannot find out where members have moved, the record is moved to the Finding Lost Members list in LCR. Elders quorum and Relief Society leaders review this report regularly and use available resources to locate these members. Other ward council members or missionaries may assist.

If the member’s location is found, the clerk moves the record accordingly. If the member’s location is not found after using all finding resources, the clerk receives the bishop’s approval to return the record to Church headquarters.

Records in the Finding Lost Members list are still assigned to the ward, but they do not appear in member lists and reports, and they are not included in ward statistics."
iftvr

Post by iftvr »

Sorry for my belated response.

Happy New Year to all, and thank you joeycon4. Yes, I agree it would be great to see a more formal version in LCR. The unfortunate reality is that missing or lost members and "Lost Files" is becoming an ever-growing problem, and we need to not only become more effective in "administration", but also more effective in "ministering", as these lost members are still our brothers and sisters, and need to be found and brought back to His fold, one way or another, else we are held accountable.
justinebondamepanizares

Post by justinebondamepanizares »

I think I needed help on these brethren, where can we see the full list that was moved without a forwarding address?

Return to “Reports and Forms”