Address Locator Form - Lost Members

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
iftvr

Address Locator Form - Lost Members

Post by iftvr »

Our Ward would please like to enquire where we can go to obtain/download a copy of an "Address Locator" form, which is what apparently needs to be completed for members who have moved without changing their address details or did not leave a forwarding address, and whose addresses are unknown and can't be found?

Some years ago such a form was used to transfer membership records to "lost files" when all efforts had failed to locate lost members.

Or what is the correct and correct process or procedure to follow please?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Address Locator Form - Lost Members

Post by scgallafent »

Go to Leader and Clerk Resources and choose the option to move records out. One of the questions you will be asked there is whether the member's new address is known.
iftvr

Post by iftvr »

Thank you very much for this information, but I think my question may not have been understood, or perhaps I did not explain it clearly? The question is, is there a form that can be printed out to give to leaders and/or Ministering visitors to complete when members have moved without leaving a forwarding address? If so, where can it be found please?
We understand the process to follow once they bring the form back to the Ward Clerk for uploading the information onto the LCR to move records out.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I think the information you’re looking for is found in the Help Centre under Moving Records out.

Below is a copy and paste of that info.

Contact the occupants at the member’s last known address and ask them if they have a forwarding address.
Use postal services to find a forwarding address.
Call any last known telephone numbers.
Send an email to any last known email addresses.
Contact known family members and relatives.
Contact known friends, Church members, and full-time missionaries.
Contact ward priesthood and auxiliary leaders.
Check available online social networks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've never seen an official church form for doing this. There is a checklist of items, but no form. Although, some units may have taken the checklist and made it into a form to work though the process.

Your best bet is to use the checklist Biggles listed above and run with that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
iftvr

Post by iftvr »

Thank you very much.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 am I've never seen an official church form for doing this.
I may be showing my age, but I definitely remember using a multi-part (white/yellow/pink) standard Church form. I don't know when it was discontinued, but when we maintained paper membership records, we were required to attach one copy of that form to records that we wanted to move to the Address Unknown file. That form became moot when the Move Records Out process on LCR was changed to ask the clerk if everything had been completed on the checklist, including the bishop's approval.

Obviously, that standard form said nothing about checking social media networks. And that is the problem with standard forms and printed checklists. Once you print something, it immediately becomes obsolete.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:05 am I may be showing my age, but I definitely remember using a multi-part (white/yellow/pink) standard Church form.
Now that you mention it, I do remember that. That's way back in the pre-MLS days.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
iftvr

Post by iftvr »

Thanks for your input Brethren, I also distinctly remember the multi-part standard Church form, and I am only 70, but 30-40 years ago was not that long ago.

I just thought that with all the wonderful technology advances these days there perhaps was an online version of this form that could be accessed via Member Tools or LCR and completed online by assigned ministering visitors or Organisation leaders when they come across members who have gone missing.

But I guess we just have to print out the checklist/basic steps for them and once they have gathered the information, to capture this onto the system manually?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The list is what you see when you are moving out a member or members to Address Unknown. As such there isn’t anything to upload or enter, other than to confirm that the steps listed have been followed before moving the record!

Return to “Reports and Forms”