Editing Month Issued For Temple Recommends

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
byronthorsen

Editing Month Issued For Temple Recommends

Post by byronthorsen »

When issuing a new temple recommend in LCR, I mistakenly entered the wrong issue month. I've gone back into the member's profile to edit the recommend and am having a technical difficulty. Specifically, it requires one to re-enter the recommend's issue year first. Then, the system gives you the option to edit the issue month. The problem is that you must choose the issue year from a drop down box consisting of only three options. Those option are: 0, -1, -2. Obviously, those are not valid formats for any year of issue. Therefore, I am not able to edit the issue month. Can anyone help me with how to edit the issue month for an active recommend?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Editing Month Issued For Temple Recommends

Post by jdlessley »

It appears the programmers did not complete a programming change. Reason indicates that "0" is the current year; "-1" is the previous year; and "-2" is two years earlier. For your situation I would select "0" and see what happens. Nothing lost until the change is submitted/saved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
byronthorsen

Post by byronthorsen »

Yes, I did try selecting 0 as the year of issue. However, I got an error message when I tried to save the change. Thank you for replying but I am still looking for how to resolve this matter. Does anyone else have an idea on how to edit the issue month of an active temple recommend?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you're unable to do that, I would call support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I would call support. I did a quick check yesterday and couldn't reproduce the issue, so something unusual is going on.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”