My Covenant Path report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
skelegator

My Covenant Path report

Post by skelegator »

Hello. I'm a ward clerk who has been asked multiple times by bishopric and stake sources about an online My Covenant Path report for new and returning members. I've looked all over LCR and the mobile Tools app with no success. Does this form actually exist? Or is it just located under a different name, and I'm searching for the wrong thing?

In other forum posts, I see word of a My Covenant Path "app" of some kind. If that exists, it's not on the Google Play store. The closest thing I can find is the Gospel Living app?

Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: My Covenant Path report

Post by jdlessley »

I think they may be referring to the LCR > Reports > Progress Record. There are two tabs for that report - 'New Members' and 'People Being Taught'.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdw266

Post by jdw266 »

I'm an EQ counselor/acting Ward Mission Leader and we recently had a baptism in our ward. In reviewing the resources for leaders to help new members I saw in --Gospel Library>Handbooks and Callings>Ward or Branch Callings>Strengthening New Members>Strengthening New and Returning Members-- a document that has the following language:

Covenant Path Progress

The bishopric and elders quorum and Relief Society presidents can access and update the progress of a new member through Covenant Path Progress.

Open the Member Tools app (or Leader and Clerk Resources [LCR] online), go to Reports, and then choose Covenant Path Progress. This view displays basic information about those who have been baptized and live in your unit within the last two years. Review the list of new members and discuss how they are progressing

This document is referring to a specific report in LCR called "Covenant Path Progress" that purportedly be viewed and/or updated by various Ward leaders.

However, as reported by the original poster, no such report appears to exist. So is the document describing the report outdated, or is this an additional report that is planned to be added sometime in the future? Can you shed any light on this remarkable tool for helping new members that is described but cannot be found?

The member progress report is an older form that contains many of the same checklist items that "Covenant Path Progress" is described as having, but the "Covenant Path Progress" report is described as being updatable and linked to the new member's record. In fact, it appears that the new member is also supposed to be able to view the report through the Member Tools directory. The member Progress form is just a one-time fill-and-print form.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is a recent update to Member Tools that changed the report name from Progress Record to Covenant Path Progress. In LCR the report is still called Progress Record for now. But updates can be accomplished by unit leaders. They can update the information for new members such as the sacrament meeting attendance, add friends in the church, check off other commitments (Prepare a Family Name for the Temple & Perform Baptisms for Deceased Ancestors), check of principles taught, and check off participation in self reliance classes. Updates for people being taught is a mix of unit leaders updating and updates made by the missionaries.
The report in LCR is called Progress Record and is found at LCR > Reports > Progress Record.
The report in Member Tools is called Covenant Path Progress and is found at Member Tools > Reports > Covenant Path Progress.
There are two tabs for the report, New Members and People Being Taught.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnsonkidsdad

Post by johnsonkidsdad »

jdlessley wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:42 pm There is a recent update to Member Tools that changed the report name from Progress Record to Covenant Path Progress. In LCR the report is still called Progress Record for now. But updates can be accomplished by unit leaders. They can update the information for new members such as the sacrament meeting attendance, add friends in the church, check off other commitments (Prepare a Family Name for the Temple & Perform Baptisms for Deceased Ancestors), check of principles taught, and check off participation in self reliance classes. Updates for people being taught is a mix of unit leaders updating and updates made by the missionaries.
The report in LCR is called Progress Record and is found at LCR > Reports > Progress Record.
The report in Member Tools is called Covenant Path Progress and is found at Member Tools > Reports > Covenant Path Progress.
There are two tabs for the report, New Members and People Being Taught.
Is this a dynamic report (only shows if someone would be on the report)? I'm the ward clerk and don't see that report in the app (we don't have any recent converts). I do have a "missionary progress record" which shows much of what you mentioned.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

In the Member Tools app, I see it in the reports section as "Covenant Path Progress" (I'm on Android). I am the EQP and the clerk should be able to see more than I can. Are you running the latest version of the app? Have you sync'ed your data recently?
johnsonkidsdad

Post by johnsonkidsdad »

I am running version 4.6.0, also android, and have both done a manual sync and a full data refresh. Still no report. But as I said, we don't have anyone that would be on the report so if that causes it not to be there, that would be the reason.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

johnsonkidsdad wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:11 am I am running version 4.6.0, also android, and have both done a manual sync and a full data refresh. Still no report. But as I said, we don't have anyone that would be on the report so if that causes it not to be there, that would be the reason.
I'm also on 4.6.0 (android) and I see the report. We have one recent convert. We also have a few investigators listed that our missionaries update. Just a hunch, but I would think that for the report to be completely missing it would have no recent converts and no investigators.

You might check with your full time missionaries to see if they have loaded any investigators on the My Covenant Path report. If not, I recommend you ask them to load one and then refresh your data to see if the report appears (give it a day or two after they load the information in case there is some server handshaking going on in the background).
cabell4

Post by cabell4 »

On the old, New and Returning Members Progress report we could fill it out for members who were returning to activity.

Is there a way to add a tab for those who are returning to activity in the Church? Or do they have to be added in the "New" member tab, if that is even possible.

It would be an excellent addition to make this available, in some way for returning members.

Thanks,
Chance
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Those members listed in the New Member tab on the My Covenant Path report are populated by the system based on baptism date (within last two years). The People Being Taught tab is populated from the missionary area book. So there is no way currently to get those members returning to activity on the My Covenant Path report.
JD Lessley

Return to “Reports and Forms”