Non member youth roster issue

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Walkerbear21

Non member youth roster issue

Post by Walkerbear21 »

I was wondering if there was a way to add a young woman to the YW rosters even though she isn't a member of the church. Her Father is a member and on the member list. Mom is not a member. I added the young woman to their household as a non-member child but it isn't showing up on the youth roster. The young woman is attending mutual regularly and the YW leaders would like to have her part of the roles. Does it take time for the name to show up or am I missing something? Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non member youth roster issue

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, the only way to make that work is if you print out the roll and pencil in her name at the bottom.

I'm pretty sure that "add(ing) the young woman to their household as a non-member child" only filled out what I call the "genealogy" section of the parent's records. She's not showing in the household (in the directory), nor is she showing in any other rolls or lists.

Nor is there anything else you can do until she gets baptized.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Walkerbear21, perhaps you're thinking of what can be done for a child under 9 years of age, when a membership record can get created and the child shows up on the Primary roles. And once you've passed baptism age without being baptized, the only way to get a membership record created (and thus appear on the roles) is thru baptism.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Once upon a time, many years ago, it was possible to add non-members to the system. No more.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”