Ordination disappeared from record

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
robjenkins

Ordination disappeared from record

Post by robjenkins »

I was ordained bishop in 1999. In 2004 I was released and called as stake clerk where I served for 10 years. I often looked as stake clerk at CDOL as needed and occasionally checked my profile. My bishop ordination was recorded appropriately but now it doesn't show up anywhere. How should I proceed to correct the error?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ordination disappeared from record

Post by sbradshaw »

Bishops are also high priests. It may be that the system is only able to display one ordination, and it displays the most relevant one. Because you're no longer actively serving as a bishop, high priest is the most relevant current ordination.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Are you looking in CDOL or LCR? CDOL doesn't show ordinations (although it does show historic positions but only if you're in the same stake as the position).
robjenkins

Post by robjenkins »

Brother Bradshaw, I am looking at lcr. I don’t have access to CDOL as Elders’ Quorum president. However, I have looked at high priests who were bishops as long as 40 years ago and the ordinations for bishop show up in Tools under membership information. However, I will ask the bishop look it up in CDOL to confirm it isn’t there as well.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I doubt the bishop will be able to see that information in CDOL. It is only available in the edit screens. I don't see it there. Do you know when you last saw it showing for you? I don't have a lot that I can use to track down when it was deleted but I might be able to find out what happened if it was recent enough.
robjenkins

Post by robjenkins »

Sorry I have no idea when it disappeared. I just happened to notice it the other day. I was called in May 1999. I have our membership clerk investigating. I don’t know the exact date but you would think the church would have a record of the bishop serving in the Buena Park 2nd Ward of the Cypress California Stake from 1999-2004.

Anything you could do would be appreciated.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

We have the dates of the bishop calling, just the ordination is missing. If you were ordained the same day you were sustained then it's easy to restore the ordination.
robjenkins

Post by robjenkins »

Great! Yes it is the same day. I was ordained by the Stake President at the time, Gary Brassfield. What are my next steps?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Check your record now, it should be showing.
robjenkins

Post by robjenkins »

It’s there! Thank you so much.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”