Confirming what form to use

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
toothnet

Confirming what form to use

Post by toothnet »

There is an 8 year old child who will be baptized this month in our ward. He turned 8 on Nov 29, 2021. Never blessed and therefore no previous record made. Mom is divorced and remarried and she was baptized couple years ago. This would be a situation to use the "Baptism and Confirmation (Convert)" form I believe. Is that correct??
Thank you!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Confirming what form to use

Post by scgallafent »

No. Even though a record has not yet been created, this is considered a child of record baptism.
toothnet

Post by toothnet »

When I attempt to make the record it says “A record may not be created for a person who is 8 yo or older unless he or she has been baptized and confirmed or unless the bishop has determined that the person is not accountable. “ Any ideas?? Thanks.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe recording the baptism creates the record in this case for children over 8 but not yet 9.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

toothnet wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:17 pm When I attempt to make the record it says “A record may not be created for a person who is 8 yo or older unless he or she has been baptized and confirmed or unless the bishop has determined that the person is not accountable. “ Any ideas?? Thanks.
Sounds like your attempting to create a "Member of Record". I'd try davesudweeks' suggestion of recording the baptism.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Have the parents fill out the "Blank Create Record Form (eight or older without spouse or children)". The top of that form says that it is the convert form, but it will work for this scenario. Once the baptism has been completed, create the record in LCR and record the baptism and confirmation information as part of the process.

Return to “Reports and Forms”