How to undo highlighting of all the text in a section of the D&C

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
dfl5

How to undo highlighting of all the text in a section of the D&C

Post by dfl5 »

-I am viewing my copy of the online scriptures.
-I have been highlighting names of some of the brethren mentioned in the D&C and making notes about them.
-I am currently making notes in Section 124.
-Somehow, the whole of Section 124 became highlighted, and I do not know how to undo this.
-All the text on the page is highlighted in yellow.
-Can anyone help me?
-Thank you
mevans

Re: How to undo highlighting of all the text in a section of the D&C

Post by mevans »

If you click on the highlight, you should see a menu of icons appears. On of them is a trash can icon. Click on it to remove your highlight.

Periodically the church messes with these menus and they are different. I remember in one iteration of the tools I saw that it was rather difficult to figure out how to remove a highlight. I think I finally found the remove option on the color menu.

Sometimes the highlights on pages get really messed up and the page won't work correctly. In that case, your only hope is to go to the Notes page (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/notes) and find your note there and delete it. Depending on how many notes you have and when you made the note, it can be a huge challenge to find the offending note. The notes are displayed in reverse chronological order, so if you just made the note it should be at the top of the list.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”