Finding Lost Members List in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lmisner

Finding Lost Members List in LCR

Post by lmisner »

When a member moves and leaders are in the process of trying to find a new address according to the Handbook in the interim these members need to be moved to the Finding Lost Members list in the LCR. I am not sure where you find such a list. It is not listed as a Report in the Access Table. Supposedly this is a report the Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidents review. Can anyone shed any light on where this list or report resides? When I was the Bishop I was fairly familiar with LCR and this does not ring any bells.

Thank you
garystroble

Re: Finding Lost Members List in LCR

Post by garystroble »

lmisner wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:12 pm When a member moves and leaders are in the process of trying to find a new address according to the Handbook in the interim these members need to be moved to the Finding Lost Members list in the LCR. I am not sure where you find such a list. It is not listed as a Report in the Access Table. Supposedly this is a report the Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidents review. Can anyone shed any light on where this list or report resides? When I was the Bishop I was fairly familiar with LCR and this does not ring any bells.

Thank you
A recent thread should answer your inquiry:

viewtopic.php?p=228623
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble has pointed you to a test of steps that need to be taken.

I haven't heard anything about creating a list of members. Perhaps they're thinking of a private custom lists function? I know Member Tools has that. It wouldn't be the first time someone thought everyone could see what they see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

Thank you for your replies.

This is what was described in the Release Notes:

Release 4.16
Date Released: November 10, 2021

New or Enhanced Functionality
Membership Related
The process for issuing temple recommends has changed. Recommends (except for living ordinance) are now printed by the local unit.
Simplified finding steps for moving members where the address is unknown. A new report called “Finding Lost Members” has been introduced.
Modified the Quarterly Report to allow editing of Class and Quorum Attendance.
Enhanced the home/landing page of LCR.

The Release Notes imply that a new report has been created. I do not see any link under Reports in LCR, or anywhere else, that references this report. I checked the Access Table for the Ward Clerk, Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidents who are supposed to review this report. I feel like something new has been created, but we can't see it or do not know how to see it. The most recent update to Chapter 33.6.4 in the General Handbook also mentions this report. The text reads:

"If a clerk cannot find out where members have moved, the record is moved to the Finding Lost Members list in LCR. Elders quorum and Relief Society leaders review this report regularly and use available resources to locate these members. Other ward council members or missionaries may assist."

I am the Ward Mission Leader and we are assisting in updating the records for members we know have moved.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lmisner wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:36 pm Thank you for your replies.

This is what was described in the Release Notes:

Release 4.16
Date Released: November 10, 2021

New or Enhanced Functionality
Membership Related
The process for issuing temple recommends has changed. Recommends (except for living ordinance) are now printed by the local unit.
Simplified finding steps for moving members where the address is unknown. A new report called “Finding Lost Members” has been introduced.
Modified the Quarterly Report to allow editing of Class and Quorum Attendance.
Enhanced the home/landing page of LCR.

The Release Notes imply that a new report has been created. I do not see any link under Reports in LCR, or anywhere else, that references this report. I checked the Access Table for the Ward Clerk, Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidents who are supposed to review this report. I feel like something new has been created, but we can't see it or do not know how to see it. The most recent update to Chapter 33.6.4 in the General Handbook also mentions this report. The text reads:

"If a clerk cannot find out where members have moved, the record is moved to the Finding Lost Members list in LCR. Elders quorum and Relief Society leaders review this report regularly and use available resources to locate these members. Other ward council members or missionaries may assist."

I am the Ward Mission Leader and we are assisting in updating the records for members we know have moved.
You will find the new "Finding Lost Members Report under Reports, in LCR. It might not be visible until you use Move Records Out (Under Membership) and select the Address Unknown option.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

Thank you! I will ask the Ward Clerk to give this a try.
joeycon4

Post by joeycon4 »

As a ward clerk, I don't see anything labeled "Finding Lost Members" in LCR under the Reports section.
When moving a record out and selecting address unknown, the same steps and checkboxes are listed as were in the past, but those don't constitute a list of members, as referenced in the handbook: "If a clerk cannot find out where members have moved, the record is moved to the Finding Lost Members list in LCR. Elders quorum and Relief Society leaders review this report regularly and use available resources to locate these members. Other ward council members or missionaries may assist."
We've been using a Google Sheet to track lost member records. It would be great to have formal and proper support in LCR.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

joeycon4 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:48 am As a ward clerk, I don't see anything labeled "Finding Lost Members" in LCR under the Reports section.
I’m also a ward clerk, but on reflection I’ve seen this report for about a month now. The interesting thing is, there’s one member listed there who was baptised in 2014, but moved out to a country that is not too favourable to the Church. The record was originally moved to an adjacent area. Therefore the record must have been sent to us from the Lost Members department of the church.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Biggles wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:49 am
joeycon4 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:48 am As a ward clerk, I don't see anything labeled "Finding Lost Members" in LCR under the Reports section.
I’m also a ward clerk, but on reflection I’ve seen this report for about a month now. The interesting thing is, there’s one member listed there who was baptised in 2014, but moved out to a country that is not too favourable to the Church. The record was originally moved to an adjacent area. Therefore the record must have been sent to us from the Lost Members department of the church.
Perhaps this is not rolled out in the US yet (or at least not to everyone). As Elders Quorum President, I cannot find it anywhere on LCR. If the EQP and RSP are supposed to review it regularly, I would think that requirement would make it available to them for review.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

I asked my Ward Clerk to test this by selecting Address Unknown and there was nothing on the screen to indicate a member could be moved to this report. Maybe a developer can explain how this was coded and how a report can be created. I think this would be a great tool if we only could figure out how it works.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”