Tidings payment in Italy

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
MayaML

Tidings payment in Italy

Post by MayaML »

My son has moved to Italy and has not been able to pay his tidings as you have to have an Italian bank account to pay it from (as he was told). Is there not any other way to pay them? He has been looking for a possibility for some time.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Tidings payment in Italy

Post by jdlessley »

How is he been trying to pay tithing and other offerings? Does he want to do it by using a Tithing and Other Offerings paper slip with a check or online at the churchofjesuschrist.org/donations site? Donations made by check or online must be done using the local currency and thus a country specific bank. For online donations, if he has a home country (Norway?) bank and wants to make donations in Norwegian krone he could send an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org. They may be able to flag his account so that he can donate online to the church in Norway using an Norwegian bank account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

He was told his card is now good to pay online... like all Italian bank cards, but it does not work. There they say he has to pay with the card. Still not been able and still trying. I am sorry I have not checked this forum for a long time. He has not found a way to pay yet and he really needs to get to the temple to get the blessings for his marriage.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Is there a possibility to pay in cash? Even if his employer pays directly into his bank account, I would think he should be able to get the cash out of his Italian bank account, and then pay his church donations with that cash.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”