Stopped showing me members address on maps

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
ron09

Stopped showing me members address on maps

Post by ron09 »

I live in U.S. Until a short time ago, on my Andriod phone when looked at a ward members profile, tools would show me their street address. If I clicked on their address it would stay in tools and show me a zoomed map of our neighborhood and where they lived with their profile picture at the bottom. Not sure what changed but now when click on any ward members address it takes me to a zoomed out map of the continent of Africa. If I click on the directions icon it still works as before, shows me a map in google with directions from my house to their house.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but didn't change anything. Location permission is on in app.

Any ideas
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Stopped showing me members address on maps

Post by jdlessley »

The API for Google maps may have changed or the developers left out the step(s) to zoom into the location. The location is there but you have to manually scroll left to show the United States and manually zoom in to the location. I suggest sending feedback using the in-app Send Feedback feature found at the menu item Help > Contact Us.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I see the same thing. But if I click on the box in the lower right, I'm taken to the member's location. However, I'm zoomed in so tightly that I have to zoom out to see anything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ron09

Post by ron09 »

Thanks didn't see that. Not great but workable until it's fixed
ron09

Post by ron09 »

Thanks kind of a pain to zoom in from so far but at least I know I'm not the only one who sees this. Looked on another android phone and it was working properly.
russ2p

Post by russ2p »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:59 pm I see the same thing. But if I click on the box in the lower right, I'm taken to the member's location. However, I'm zoomed in so tightly that I have to zoom out to see anything.
Thanks for the suggestion - not the best, but at least a workaround of sorts until this can be fixed.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”