Stake Calling Member with a Ward Expense Request

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Rob32

Stake Calling Member with a Ward Expense Request

Post by Rob32 »

Hi,

Not sure how this forum works but I'm interested to find out if/how a member serving in a Stake Calling, like a Stake Clerk, can process a expense request for reimbursement on the ward level? I'm currently serving as the Stake Clerk and have participated in a Ward Service Project and can't process a reimbursement request in my own personal capacity. Have I missed something along the way or am I unable to due to my calling and is this the same for all Stake callings?

Thanks

Regards

Rob
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Stake Calling Member with a Ward Expense Request

Post by scgallafent »

Rob32 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:12 am Not sure how this forum works but I'm interested to find out if/how a member serving in a Stake Calling, like a Stake Clerk, can process a expense request for reimbursement on the ward level? I'm currently serving as the Stake Clerk and have participated in a Ward Service Project and can't process a reimbursement request in my own personal capacity. Have I missed something along the way or am I unable to due to my calling and is this the same for all Stake callings?
A reimbursement request for a ward expense needs to be processed by the ward clerk. Your stake calling (or any other stake leader's calling) doesn't make a difference -- the expense needs to be processed by the ward.
Rob32

Post by Rob32 »

Thanks for clarifying, I was under the impression that members could submit expense claims via LCR for expenses they've incurred, to request reimbursement that would then be reviewed and accepted by Clerks and Bishopric/Stake Presidency members... I've obviously misunderstood the process.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Rob
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Rob32 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:24 am Thanks for clarifying, I was under the impression that members could submit expense claims via LCR for expenses they've incurred, to request reimbursement that would then be reviewed and accepted by Clerks and Bishopric/Stake Presidency members... I've obviously misunderstood the process.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Rob
The process works only for ward organization presidencies. Members who need expenses reimbursed still need to forward the receipts to either their organization presidency or the clerk. If you incurred the expense for a primary activity, for example, the ward Primary presidency can submit your receipts for reimbursement. Or any member of the bishopric or the clerk can as well.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”