Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Post by scgallafent »

mstarlip wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:50 pm It is now January 5th and none of the new young men or young women in my ward (south Texas) have moved from the Primary to either the young women or Aaronic priesthood quorum lists. How much longer do I wait until I need to do something about it? It becomes a bother that the lists are not updating for communicating with parents via email and text.
They should have moved by now. One of the developers is looking into these today.
ccotti2077

Post by ccotti2077 »

It is now January 8 and the names have still not moved. Is there something that I am supposed to do?
n8crocker

Post by n8crocker »

Same for us. None of the YM or YW turning 12 in 2022 are still showing in primary in LCR and tools as of today...
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

n8crocker wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:36 pm Same for us. None of the YM or YW turning 12 in 2022 are still showing in primary in LCR and tools as of today...
I would manually move the youth into the appropriate classes. There are a couple of different ways you can do that. You can either go to the class and move them into the class from the class view or you can go to the Classes/Callings tab on the individual member profile and update the classes from there.

We ran a test of the process we wanted to use to resolve these and found it was causing an unexpected result, so we're digging deeper to make sure that it doesn't make the situation worse. Once we have verified that it is working as expected, we will update anyone who hasn't already been moved.
dvanceholland

Post by dvanceholland »

I am having the same issue in my ward in Frisco Texas. All of the 11 year old young men and young women who are turning 12 in 2022 and therefore should be on the YM and YW rosters have not been moved to YW/YM.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dvanceholland wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:33 am I am having the same issue in my ward in Frisco Texas. All of the 11 year old young men and young women who are turning 12 in 2022 and therefore should be on the YM and YW rosters have not been moved to YW/YM.
Refer to the post just before yours by scgallafent. He's on the team responsible for the data.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I just manually moved our two new YW who were still stuck in Primary. In our case, both 11-year-olds had asterisks next to their names in the Primary list (indicating the system knew they weren't in the correct spot). I removed them from the Primary Activities list (the only place they appeared). I then went into the YW membership list, and manually added each of them. Their names then appeared without any asterisks, indicating the system knew they were now in the right place. Our YW and Primary presidents confirmed they now see what they expect.

So scgallafent's suggestion to manually make these changes worked for us.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I had to manually move 7 year olds turning 8 in 2022 to Activity Boys and Activity Girls tonight. There is no default to do this, so I had to add them to those activity classes. Obviously reports of the software being fixed are premature.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

garystroble wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 pm I had to manually move 7 year olds turning 8 in 2022 to Activity Boys and Activity Girls tonight. There is no default to do this, so I had to add them to those activity classes. Obviously reports of the software being fixed are premature.
Didn't you really mean you manually moved them from rather than to those Primary classes?

Part of the moving issue besides not being automatic was there was no way to do it manually either. The fix regained the capability to move them manually. I am guessing that since the fix was implemented after the calendar changed then the moves had to be done manually.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I don't understand why I would move them from a class where they should be for their during the week activities. They were not listed in the during the week activity classes. I added or moved their names into the classes, whatever way you want to say it. But it certainly was not moving them from the classes in discussion.

If the fix was merely to allow a manual move, then I guess it escaped me that in two weeks the fix would not fix things automatically. And of course there were no * by their names because they were not listed in any during the week classes at all.
Last edited by garystroble on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Membership Help”