Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Post by cchang »

A primary child is currently 11 years old and will be turning 12 this January of 2022. Why has their membership information not list them as Young Women organization when I thought the new guideline stated it was lowered to 11 years old. Will the system switch them to young women on or only after their 12th birthdate? Can we manually switch them over to young women while they are 11 years old so they show up on the young women attendance records?
garystroble

Re: Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Post by garystroble »

The system should switch them over once it is 2022 in whatever time zone the Church is using as a standard. Not sure if that is Utah time or UTC, however I have noticed when making donations that they seem to use Utah time as the standard for date changes on the financial side. You should not have to manually change the classes as those turning 12 in 2022 will be showing in the new classes once it is 2022.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

cchang wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:09 am A primary child is currently 11 years old and will be turning 12 this January of 2022. Why has their membership information not list them as Young Women organization when I thought the new guideline stated it was lowered to 11 years old. Will the system switch them to young women on or only after their 12th birthdate? Can we manually switch them over to young women while they are 11 years old so they show up on the young women attendance records?
A young woman enters the Young Women program on January 1 of the year in which she has her 12th birthday. It isn't based on being 11. Since she turns 12 in 2022, she will be moved into the appropriate Young Women class as class lists are updated. Let the processes run and check tomorrow afternoon. garystroble is correct that you won't have to manually change the classes.
garystroble wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:15 am The system should switch them over once it is 2022 in whatever time zone the Church is using as a standard. Not sure if that is Utah time or UTC, however I have noticed when making donations that they seem to use Utah time as the standard for date changes on the financial side. You should not have to manually change the classes.
There isn't a single time zone that the Church uses as a standard. There is a pretty complex web of systems that each have a set of specified rules.

Quarterly report processing started a little over six hours ago and will continue for another 24 hours or so. Class assignment changes will start happening later and take quite a bit of time to complete and percolate through all of the systems that use that data. If nothing else, it gives us some entertainment as we watch it run and monitor the progress.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:15 am A young woman enters the Young Women program on January 1 of the year in which she has her 12th birthday. It isn't based on being 11.
IIRC, there used to be a bug for someone born on Jan 1. Was that resolved?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I don't remember the specific bug. If we logged it, it should be resolved.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:31 pm
scgallafent wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:15 am A young woman enters the Young Women program on January 1 of the year in which she has her 12th birthday. It isn't based on being 11.
IIRC, there used to be a bug for someone born on Jan 1. Was that resolved?
At one point there were different rules that because of their wording caused people born on Jan 1 to have odd things happen, but I believe all of those have been standardized now.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I had to move 3 young women manually from Primary to Young Women and the same girls from Primary to Youth Sunday School last night late, January 3, 2022, so some of the year end transition did not work right in our ward. Also had to first get them out of Activity Girls, which required a creative workaround, before could move them to Young Women.

There was also a Sunbeam age child still showing in Nursery who I fixed.
mstarlip

Post by mstarlip »

It is now January 5th and none of the new young men or young women in my ward (south Texas) have moved from the Primary to either the young women or Aaronic priesthood quorum lists. How much longer do I wait until I need to do something about it? It becomes a bother that the lists are not updating for communicating with parents via email and text.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mstarlip wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:50 pm It is now January 5th and none of the new young men or young women in my ward (south Texas) have moved from the Primary to either the young women or Aaronic priesthood quorum lists. How much longer do I wait until I need to do something about it? It becomes a bother that the lists are not updating for communicating with parents via email and text.
I'd say enough time has elapsed to start checking on things. Note that if someone manually placed them in their classes in January 2021, then they're not going to advance automatically. As I understand it, you can revert them back to "auto". I'd look into that first.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:50 pm
mstarlip wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:50 pm It is now January 5th and none of the new young men or young women in my ward (south Texas) have moved from the Primary to either the young women or Aaronic priesthood quorum lists. How much longer do I wait until I need to do something about it? It becomes a bother that the lists are not updating for communicating with parents via email and text.
I'd say enough time has elapsed to start checking on things. Note that if someone manually placed them in their classes in January 2021, then they're not going to advance automatically. As I understand it, you can revert them back to "auto". I'd look into that first.
"Default" should put them where they need to go, it is not called "auto," at least not in the United States. Before I could move 11 years olds to Young Women in our ward I had to manually delete them from Activity Girls. You may well have to do that with Young Men from Activity Boys first also. The 11 year olds turning 12 in 2022 need to be moved to their Youth Sunday School class also by the default or other means. I found working through the individual memberships with two screens open, one on the Primary class lists, worked best for me.

And yes, this is disappointing.

Return to “Membership Help”