Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
KeithNBishop

Re: Records moving from Primary to Young Women age

Post by KeithNBishop »

I (ward clerk) have attempted to move youth from activity days to YW/YM several times. When I select the name and attempt to "move" the drop down is empty
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I just manually moved our two new YW who were still stuck in Primary. In our case, both 11-year-olds had asterisks next to their names in the Primary list (indicating the system knew they weren't in the correct spot). I removed them from the Primary Activities list (the only place they appeared). I then went into the YW membership list, and manually added each of them. Their names then appeared without any asterisks, indicating the system knew they were now in the right place. Our YW and Primary presidents confirmed they now see what they expect.
@KeithNBishop Did you try something along these lines, which I posted previously and worked for our situation? The two-step approach of first removing them from Primary Activities, and then adding them to YW, was how we were able to move them appropriately. The "single-step" move via the drop-down didn't work for us.
marshallkl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by marshallkl »

I just started some updates that should catch the remaining YM/YW with the following condition:

* A clerk hasn't specifically overridden the class that they are in (e.g. 12 year old put in a CTR 4 class, yes there are those)

If you have a record in your ward that is in a Valiant 10 class and should be in YM/YW, please post here and I'll take a look at your Valiant 10 classes (even if they're combined with other classes).

You don't need to post names or unit numbers, I can find the offending record with just your post. If you have records that are not in the right class and they aren't 11-12 years old this year, I'll take a look at those too.
marshallkl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by marshallkl »

Part of the reason that's confusing for ya'll is that there is an underlying system notion of groups that's not obvious (there's no label in the app). Sunday School/Primary are all in the same group. Sunday gender classes (YW/YM/EQ/RS) are all grouped together and Activity Days is in it's own group of OTHER (used to have cub/scout classes). So That's part of why the Activity Days drop-down (really the OTHER group) is blank when you're trying to move them to a YW/YM class.
captain_mills

Post by captain_mills »

I have a young woman whose birthday is late in the year. her record automatically moved into the YW organization, but her parents and the young woman want to be left in the Primary organization (Valiant 10) until the end of this year. I have been able to add her (Organizations > Primary > Valiant 10 > Members > +Add Member - Shows up with an asterisk with a note for being in the wrong class) to the Primary organization under the Valiant 10 list, but I cannot remove her from the YW Membership list... Is this possible and how would one go about doing it?

Thanks!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

captain_mills wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:27 pm I have a young woman whose birthday is late in the year. her record automatically moved into the YW organization, but her parents and the young woman want to be left in the Primary organization (Valiant 10) until the end of this year. I have been able to add her (Organizations > Primary > Valiant 10 > Members > +Add Member - Shows up with an asterisk with a note for being in the wrong class) to the Primary organization under the Valiant 10 list, but I cannot remove her from the YW Membership list... Is this possible and how would one go about doing it?

Thanks!
Guessing you're a ward clerk or assistant ward clerk. If so, your first official place to ask that question is your stake clerk. Part of his job is to train the ward clerks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

captain_mills wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:27 pm I have a young woman whose birthday is late in the year. her record automatically moved into the YW organization, but her parents and the young woman want to be left in the Primary organization (Valiant 10) until the end of this year.
Unless this is a special needs situation, that's not in accordance with the Handbook.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
captain_mills

Post by captain_mills »

Yes, ward clerk... I will get a hold of my stake clerk... Thank you...

Her birthday is December 20th and will not turn 12 until then... Spends most of the year as 11 y.o. and is a school grade behind everyone who went up to YW in Jan.

Bishop asked if I'd find out... Sorry... Will not bother again...

:)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Going back to hunt for references:

12.1.3 - In some circumstances, an 11-year-old may not be ready to leave Primary. The bishop, parents, and child counsel together about the timing.

So, it would appear to be allowed, but LCR is fighting you. I'd suggest calling GSD to work this out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
markolsencottle

Post by markolsencottle »

The Church's system still is not moving kids up from primary to their appropriate youngwomen's class. I have 5 girls that turn 12 this year and are in Youngwomen but the system has not moved them up, can you please fix this please.

Return to “Membership Help”