FIR APP ISSUES

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
pkjeppson

FIR APP ISSUES

Post by pkjeppson »

How do we get more time and attention to work on the FIR app? Our building has several needs but our FIR app constantly has issues. Most recent is "Couldn't reach server, Please check your internet connection and try again"

I've tried restarting the app, using wifi vs LTE, deleting and re-downloading the app, and it still does not work.

Thanks!

Paul
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: FIR APP ISSUES

Post by russellhltn »

It seems to be working fine for me.

You can always use your browser and go to fir.churchofjesuschrist.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

pkjeppson wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:44 am How do we get more time and attention to work on the FIR app? Our building has several needs but our FIR app constantly has issues. Most recent is "Couldn't reach server, Please check your internet connection and try again"
That's the message I get on my Android phone when I haven't accepted the terms on the Liahona splash screen, and try to access a web site using Chrome. Since the FIR app is just an interface for the FIR web site, it seems likely that your phone is being blocked by the Liahona splash screen.

I used to be able to force the splash screen to appear by turning my Wi-Fi off (or using airplane mode), and then switching it back on. However, in the past month or so, I have had to "forget" the Liahona connection, and then create it again from scratch by entering the password. Many members of my ward complain about the same thing.

So your FIR problem is probably not an FIR app problem, but rather a Liahona connection issue.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
danpass

Post by danpass »

drepouille wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:26 am So your FIR problem is probably not an FIR app problem, but rather a Liahona connection issue.
The OP did mention that he has issues when he is using LTE. When that is the case, he wouldn't be using Liahona.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I am in the chapel and turn off my Wi-Fi, I still have problems connecting to the internet. My LTE signal looks good, but something is preventing my data connection. So I turn Wi-Fi back on and "forget" Liahona. When I recreate the Liahona connection, everything works. I haven't figured out why I can't use my LTE data connection in the meetinghouse. Weird.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if I turn off Wi-Fi before I drive to the meetinghouse. I think my LTE connection would work, because my phone hasn't yet "seen" the Liahona SSID. Maybe I will try that after work today. I will turn off W-Fi, drive to the meetinghouse, and see if my LTE connection allows Chrome to connect while I am inside the meetinghouse.
danpass

Post by danpass »

On my Android (version11) phone, unless I open the splash notification and accept the terms, I don't get connected to WiFi at all. So I don't need to turn off WiFi to use LTE.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My trick of turning Wi-Fi off on my Android 9 LG phone before driving to the meetinghouse did not work as I had hoped. I could not get the Liahona ToS screen to appear until I rebooted the phone. So rebooting the phone or having it "forget" the Liahona connection are the only ways I can get the ToS screen to appear. Until I get past that screen, I can't use Wi-Fi for Chrome or the FIR app.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

Don't know what device you're using but FIR works well on my Android phone and windows laptop.
Just wish LCR finance worked half as well!

Not tried FIR on my ipad so not sure about the reliability of the iOS version.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Paul,

Question: what is your calling? FIR is not available to everyone. It's possible the app is more permissive than it should but the back end is saying "not allowed".

I'm not finding a list of who is allowed other than ward council.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mbraley1956

Post by mbraley1956 »

Hello, I'm the Stake Building Representative for my stake and use FIR frequently. However, since the transition to the most recent FIR app, mine has beeninconsistent, and I am unable to see all the FIR's that have been submitted on My android device (Samsung S8). I have deleted the app a few times and reinstalled it, with no success, please help.

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”