Attendance

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mshouse01

Attendance

Post by mshouse01 »

When taking class attendance, say in RS or EQ, and the member has another calling and aren’t present in class, but they’re in their other calling, do you still mark them as present? :?:
davesudweeks

Re: Attendance

Post by davesudweeks »

I do for EQ. If they are in a Primary or YM calling (including the bishop and his counselors, but not the clerks), I mark them as present for EQ meeting. I also mark the full time missionaries serving from our ward and members who are in stake callings that might take them out of the ward for Sunday meetings. I don't run around the church trying to find out if they are physically present each week - there isn't time for that.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mshouse01 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:42 pm When taking class attendance, say in RS or EQ, and the member has another calling and aren’t present in class, but they’re in their other calling, do you still mark them as present? :?:
Yes. Here are the instructions:
Using Class and Quorum Attendance in LCR or Member tools, record the number of Melchizedek Priesthood holders who attended at least one priesthood, Sunday School, or Primary meeting during the last month of the quarter either as a class member or while serving in a calling.
abarney1944

Post by abarney1944 »

Our Sunday School secretary has been recording Gospel Doctrine attendance in LCR on the same page where I as EQ secretary record Priesthood attendance. Is this correct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

abarney1944 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:15 pm Our Sunday School secretary has been recording Gospel Doctrine attendance in LCR on the same page where I as EQ secretary record Priesthood attendance. Is this correct?
Yes. You're both recording in the same place. Since they're held on different dates, there shouldn't be any conflict as long as care is taken.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BarryAnderson

Post by BarryAnderson »

Is there any way to post attendance for visitors, not members of our ward, to a class?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

BarryAnderson wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:09 am Is there any way to post attendance for visitors, not members of our ward, to a class?
Not as of today. That feature is supposedly in the works though.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BarryAnderson wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:09 am Is there any way to post attendance for visitors, not members of our ward, to a class?
That is not yet available in the LCR Class and Quorum Attendance report.
The December 2021 revised General Handbook change in section 33.5.1.1, paragraph three, states:
"Sunday Quorum and Organization Meetings. Attendance is recorded each week by quorum and organization secretaries and advisers. Youth leaders may also assist in recording attendance. The count is the number attending the meeting in-person or by streaming, including visitors. Members who are serving in the Primary or as youth leaders within the ward are also included as attending. Members who are attending another ward are counted in the ward they attend." (Bold added for emphasis.)
Based on this change it is most likely to be an added reporting feature in the LCR report sometime in the future. Like most other programming changes we are not given a schedule as to when it will become available. For now I recommend manually recording those additional attendees somewhere and then adding them in to the LCR report when it is updated with that capability.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
chuckgwilly

Post by chuckgwilly »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm
abarney1944 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:15 pm Our Sunday School secretary has been recording Gospel Doctrine attendance in LCR on the same page where I as EQ secretary record Priesthood attendance. Is this correct?
Yes. You're both recording in the same place. Since they're held on different dates, there shouldn't be any conflict as long as care is taken.
Occasionally care isn't taken and other organization secretaries uncheck other organization attendance. If I could ask a couple of questions:
1. Why doesn't each organization have its own attendance roll?
2. Is there any plans to separate attendance by the organization?
3. For curiosity's sake, since there is one attendance data table, I'm assuming, somewhere the Ward Clerk designates which calendar weeks are RS, MP, YM, and YW and which weeks were SS. Correct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chuckgwilly wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:29 pm Occasionally care isn't taken and other organization secretaries uncheck other organization attendance. If I could ask a couple of questions:
1. Why doesn't each organization have its own attendance roll?
2. Is there any plans to separate attendance by the organization?
3. For curiosity's sake, since there is one attendance data table, I'm assuming, somewhere the Ward Clerk designates which calendar weeks are RS, MP, YM, and YW and which weeks were SS. Correct?
I'd imagine a lot of it has to do with keeping things simple. If you have separate tables, there's a possibility that they'll double up on one week and completely miss another.

While there's a template for which weeks are which, that's not necessarily consistent for every ward, every week in the entire church. Especially when you factor in 5th Sundays and Stake Conferences.

If you require someone to enter which week is which, everything gets jammed up if that person fails to carry out their responsibility.

No matter how you do it, there's ways it can go wrong. Once leadership understands that it's a shared calendar and to only worry about the weeks they meet and leave the others alone, it should work just fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”