Gospel library always opens new window

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
melhone

Gospel library always opens new window

Post by melhone »

Everyone I open Gospel Library it opens a new window within the app, duplicating the one I was in last time I used the app. Its getting very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I can’t find anything in the app settings.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel library always opens new window

Post by sbradshaw »

How do you usually open the app? Do you tap the Gospel Library icon, or do you use a widget, or follow a link into the app (for example, from an email, text, or web browser)? If you tap a link to open the app or use a widget, it will open a new tab in the app, similar to a browser – the intention is so you don't lose your place in what you were previously studying. If you open the app by tapping the Gospel Library icon, though, this shouldn't normally happen.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Jason_Madsen

Post by Jason_Madsen »

I have the same issue, I have no idea how to fix it
Brandon.g.wilkinson@gmail.com

Post by Brandon.g.wilkinson@gmail.com »

Same problem, very frustrating to have 50 tabs open to the same scripture
mrbrigham

Post by mrbrigham »

I've e just been putting up with this all this time and now I'm looking for a fix. Is there a fix?
Last edited by mrbrigham on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

It would likely be helpful for those experiencing this issue, if you can provide details about your phone (type, OS version, etc). Sometimes there is a commonality between users who experience the same issue, while other times it's an apparently completely random behavior (some see it, others with identical setup don't). But having these details can help other Forum members suggest something more specific, rather than generic ideas.
mrbrigham

Post by mrbrigham »

Same thing happened to me. It's when I get notified about the verse of the day and I click that notification. What happens is that 5 extra windows pop up with the same scripture. I actually close them every time but they still come up the next time. Also, if I just stay in the active window that it puts me in, the back button on my phone is disabled so I'm not able to close the app that way.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 on the latest version of Android - whatever that is. This has been happening for years and it's really frustrating.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”