Crashing on IOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ashakesp

Crashing on IOS

Post by ashakesp »

Looks like a new version of the gospel library app was just released for iOS. It will not launch and crashes on my iPhone. I have deleted the app and reinstalled multiple times to no avail. Anyone else seeing this?
kbolf

Re: Crashing on IOS

Post by kbolf »

I have an iPhone 6s and Gospel Library app is crashing I tried turning my phone on & off & reinstalling the app to no avail.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you both on the latest version of iOS (iOS 15.2.1)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ashakesp

Post by ashakesp »

I was not on 15.2.1 at the time of the post. I have since updated to that version and reinstalled the app and that did resolve the issue.
mashcraft

Post by mashcraft »

Same problem on an iPhone12 running iOS 14.7.1. Was working fine earlier today now it flashes the initial splash screen and closes. I have removed the app and re-installed from the App store multiple times.

I see the update to iOS 15.2.1 is available. Will try to update.
searleml

No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Post by searleml »

I was studying my scriptures this morning on my iPad using the Gospel Library. I got out of the app for a moment, and a short time later needed to research another subject. However, the app wouldn’t open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4-5 times. When I install it, the blue line that shows the installation progress goes half way, then stops and it kicks me out. It appears to have installed itself, but won’t open. Once it crashed, my iPhone Gospel Library went down as well as I have them linked. Not sure why it happened just moments after I had been using it.
Please provide your insights for a speedy solution.
Thank you so much.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Post by russellhltn »

searleml wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 pm I was studying my scriptures this morning on my iPad using the Gospel Library. I got out of the app for a moment, and a short time later needed to research another subject. However, the app wouldn’t open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4-5 times.
I've moved your post to a more appropriate thread. Looking at the results above, you may want to check for a update of iOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mpwise

Gospel library app won’t open on iPhone

Post by mpwise »

Ever since yesterday I can’t open my app. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling twice and it still won’t open. I am not sure what else to try to get it to work again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel library app won’t open on iPhone

Post by russellhltn »

mpwise wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:26 am Ever since yesterday I can’t open my app. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling twice and it still won’t open. I am not sure what else to try to get it to work again.
Your post has been moved to an existing thread. Please check for an iOS update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cottonlaw

Post by cottonlaw »

I am having the same problem on my iPhone 7. The Gospel Library App was working fine (and had been working for years). It was working yesterday morning, but when I tried to open the App last night, it would momentarily flash, then crash. I have tried turning the iPhone off and then restarting, deleting and reinstalling the app on WIFI, deleting and reinstalling the app on cellular data - all to no avail.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”