Crashing on IOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Crashing on IOS

Post by lajackson »

cottonlaw wrote: I am having the same problem on my iPhone 7.
Upgrading to iOS 15 seems to be solving the problem for most folks.
Winward2

Post by Winward2 »

Library crashing for last 2 days on iPhone 12. Tries to open, flashes on, then crashes closed. 14.8.1. Deleted app, reinstalled, turned phone off and on multiple times, tried in airplane mode nothing works.

Will try the phone upgrade and see if that works.
robdatahold

Post by robdatahold »

My library app is opened and shuts off within 1 minute of opening. It does this about 3 or 4 times before staying open fully. My wife with an iPhone has the problem. The app is still open in the background but always goes back the the original place when first opened as if nothing was changed in the last minute. Sorry if not the right post.
dquemby

Post by dquemby »

My library app is crashing within 30 seconds or less. Any idea when this will be fixed or if I can do it myself?
mranderson1984

Post by mranderson1984 »

robdatahold wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 pm My library app is opened and shuts off within 1 minute of opening. It does this about 3 or 4 times before staying open fully. My wife with an iPhone has the problem. The app is still open in the background but always goes back the the original place when first opened as if nothing was changed in the last minute. Sorry if not the right post.
I am having the same issue as well (gospel library closes out on its own on my iPhone)
tch0707

Post by tch0707 »

I too am having this same issue, I updated my iPad to the new iOS 16 and it appears this is when it began. Additionally, my app does not stay open, but continues to crash, which makes it difficult when I am on a timed basis to be able to read to my wife and son. Any ideas?
Draconis91

Post by Draconis91 »

I am having the same issues as the last 3 posts.
mranderson1984 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:18 am
robdatahold wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 pm My library app is opened and shuts off within 1 minute of opening. It does this about 3 or 4 times before staying open fully. My wife with an iPhone has the problem. The app is still open in the background but always goes back the the original place when first opened as if nothing was changed in the last minute. Sorry if not the right post.
I am having the same issue as well (gospel library closes out on its own on my iPhone)
NanSedai

Post by NanSedai »

The same thing is happening with mine. At first I would open it to have it close a few times before finally staying open. Now it seems to continue crashing. It recently started. I’m guessing it started after I updated to iOS 16.1.1. I also know there’s a new update, 16.1.2 I believe, but I can’t update right now. I have iPhone 12 Pro. My husband had the same phone just larger, iPhone 12 Pro Max I believe, and he doesn’t have this problem. I know he’s up to date on his iOS. He moved to iOS 16 before I did. I am relieved to know that others are having the same issue. I hope it is soon resolved.
agpa

Re: Crashing on IOS 16.2

Post by agpa »

I just updated to IOS 16.2 and my Gospel Library is crashing. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling and it still crashes. Is this being addressed with a new update?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”